More threads by Liam

Liam

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just a small question to see if anyone knows anymore than I can find on this!

On the Google Maps app when you go to the 'About' tab of a business, there's the 'From the business' section which is the GMB description we enter on our GMB profiles but then underneath that there is the 'Details' section which I've found no way of adding or editing at all. It seems like it could be automated text that Google finds elsewhere and adds to some businesses?
In my situation, working for a plumbers merchant, some of our competitors have it on their search results; e.g. 'chain selling building, plumbing and landscaping materials; also rents tools and equipment’, but we don't.

I was just wondering if anyone knew how you go about adding to this section if its even possible?
Thanks!

Hi @Liam I think what you are referring to is a type of attribute. Or possibly a type of justification. Can you share a screenshot?

Hi @Liam I think what you are referring to is a type of attribute. Or possibly a type of justification. Can you share a screenshot?
Hi Colan,
I've attached an image below of an example.
Details on GMB.jpg

Last edited:
I think that is a type of "business summary" as described here - Types of business summaries on Google Maps - Google My Business Help

Editorial summaries
TviOow_0Io7QnAfCnXV1tbz60JTYS82xNBK1OvB-V1RJM=w564.png

To give you a snapshot of a popular business our writers compile editorial summaries. These summaries are phrases or sentences (such as the example on the map above: “Southwestern fare in a modern setting”) that you can find when you click the business on Maps.

Editorial summaries show on the map or alongside review and rating information, such as in the “review summary” section.

Important: Unlike business descriptions, editorial summaries can't be edited.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom