MKubot

Reaction score
Does it still matter if you embed Google maps on your landing page for a local business? It slows down our site speed. We want to replace with just and image. But, we rank well, so I don’t want to lose anything. Any recent studies?!

Thanks!

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
@MKubot, if the iframe is high up on the page or the slowest-loading element by far, then maybe ditch the embedded map by using an image and linking the image to the Maps URL. Otherwise, I'd keep it, because it's usually good UX and because you want to encourage driving-direction lookups.

djbaxter

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I went for a linked image for precisely that reason. Google wants fast web pages but it's funny how their services are often the worst culprits for slowing pages down. :)

MKubot

Reaction score
@Phil Rozek and @djbaxter - Thanks! We are removing. Does it matter if it links to the GMB or the directions? We were going to do the directions URL, but it sounds like maybe the general GMB is better?

Directions:

Maps Link:

^^^ Is that the correct link?

Thanks!

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
@MKubot, I wouldn't say it matters. Personally, though, I'd link to Maps / GMB. That's just because (1) people may want want to see info other than directions, and (2) there's no chance that the "Your Location" field is populated incorrectly by Google, as it might be if the user isn't signed into Google. Still, it's just a question of what you think your visitors would find more useful.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Most UpVoted Answers

LocalU

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Google Product Exert

Top Bottom