More threads by JoshuaMackens

Yep, that's a good way to look at it. If the listing is verified and there is some type of violation on it, that's what the Redressal Form is for. Editing is really more for unverified listings.

In addition to spammy names, can I use the redressal form to report fake business names?

For example, referral companies will put up fake listings with fake business names, such as "Morning Sky Electric". That name is not a licensed electrician in the state. It's not a business name at all.

If it's a real business but the name just has extra keywords in it, use the Redressal Form and specify that there is an issue with the name.

If it's not a real business period, specify that there is an issue with the address (the business doesn't exist).

If it's a real business but the name just has extra keywords in it, use the Redressal Form and specify that there is an issue with the name.

If it's not a real business period, specify that there is an issue with the address (the business doesn't exist).
In the instances that I am talking about, it is not a real business at all, but they list themselves as SAB so their address doesn't appear int he fake GMB listing. Is there anything that can be done in that situation?

Yep, same deal. Use the redressal form and put address as the violation.

If I remember correctly, Google does allow some minor descriptors for the business name, but I can't find any documentation regarding this. Is there any justification for these crazy business names I see?

They used to years ago but that was removed from the guidelines. Currently the guidelines don't allow descriptors but lots of people use them because of the ranking benefits and because they only really get caught if someone reports them.

I've Google very slow to respond to anything since the pandemic, but I'm low on the totem pole. Still, little old me pre-pandemic was able to get quick answers.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom