More threads by Colan Nielsen

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
Up until yesterday, we didn't see a ton of value in adding services to the GMB dashboard. At best, they added an additional section to the mobile version of the GMB business profile, but there is no ranking benefit to adding the services menu.

Our perspective changed yesterday when we spotted "services justifications" in the wild. Here's what they look like.

Services Justification 2.png

Services Justification.png

Anyone else seeing the service justifications in the wild?

Up until yesterday, we didn't see a ton of value in adding services to the GMB dashboard. At best, they added an additional section to the mobile version of the GMB business profile, but there is no ranking benefit to adding the services menu.

Our perspective changed yesterday when we spotted "services justifications" in the wild. Here's what they look like.

Services Justification 2.png

Services Justification.png

Anyone else seeing the service justifications in the wild?
Didn't see any other replies - but it's not just you, I have seen this a few times. Not much, only a handful...

Hello! This is great! I haven't seen anything populate for my clients yet, but I am hopeful! I did have a quick question though: what should we do for clients that do not have a services section on GMB? When I reached out to Google Support, they said that some listings may not have the services feature. If this is something that will increase the opportunity for clicks, I for sure want to add for all of my clients. Not sure if you have run across this at all! Thank you!

Great catch. All all the more reason for clients to manage those reviews, post out those posts and fill out the services field in their profile. Can definitely see how this feature can increase CTR and likely listing view -> action conversion rates thereafter.

Great to know!! Do you recommend filling in the about section of the service too? Or just listing the service item? Just want to make sure all of our clients are covered!

Is there any way to publish across mutliple listings the same services?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom