More threads by racebum

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's 5:24am, haven't been able to sleep all night. have poured over at least 100 more pages of info trying to find a fix. this is just insanity. i tore a tendon in my calf mid october and was unable to walk. lived on savings until i was done with rehab only to have google pull my listing literally 2 days before i could walk again.

well, time to list more of my possessions ebay and craigslist

No what they are saying is you need to delete Beaverton from account or you are considered to be in violation. Maybe if you get in compliance it will help once someone is ready to review your case again or once they figure out how to bring the hillsborough listing back.

That isn't going to happen. They don't switch listings. They also don't delete listings from your dash.

They are telling you YOU need to delete the 2nd one from your account. Then your account will be in compliance and whenever they can get the 1st listing to go live again... well you are at their mercy waiting for that to happen. But in meantime you have control over what's in dash and the 2nd listing needs to go.

that's just it, in one email i hear i'm re que'd and good to go, then i get one saying this that doesn't even explain how to correctly delete a listing. if i did what that email said it would just remove it from my dash, not kill the listing.

it's hard to think straight, i haven't slept in some time. in one months time i could have built an entire new site, registered a new business, submitted a places request and had an address up and going.

still curious what happens if i just change my address & url on the live listing, maybe i'll try it and see what happens?

What seems to be happening here is that Google has some requirements for listing on their free platform, and you are not following them in hopes of getting extra customers. When caught, rather than conforming, you continue the same pattern. Instead of "What if I tried...", you need to do what they have instructed you to do if you want to stay in their good graces.

Another option is to not rely 100% on free advertising on Places. You can try other options plus actually pay for advertising.

I'd advise both.

Flash is right.

As far as changing the address, you can't change address that way even if it's a legit move across town. PLUS even folks that were deleted and tried setting up new listings from scratch were not successful. It's like the location is black balled.

It's Google's ball game and your only option is to play by their rules.

I think driving yourself crazy trying to find phone numbers is futile too.

You need to delete the one. Then reply to the support email to tell them you are now in compliance and ask for help getting the other listing back. Support is the only option that can help and already have access to them via email.

linda, if i just delete it from my dash the map listing will still show up in the results

and are you saying this particular address is blackballed from google places period?

linda, if i just delete it from my dash the map listing will still show up in the results

Yep, likely. :) You can only get in trouble for what you claimed in dash. If you remove from your account and there are citations out there for it, Google will likely keep it live. You can't help that. :p Now if its unclaimed it will lose images and description eventually but good chance it will stay live.

and are you saying this particular address is blackballed from google places period?

No what I am saying is listings that Google DELETED could not be revived by the owner trying to bypass the problem and just start over with a new listing. I know many that tried that and the new listings would never even go live. So seemed like there was something stopping them.

Which leads back to there is no way around this but to do everything you can to be sure you are in compliance and wait for Google to re-instate the original listing.

linda, last night i edited the beaverton one back to hillsboro which of course triggered the pin postcoard. now until i enter that pin, if memory serves, nothing happens. it just looks like in my dashboard that i have two listing for identical everything.

the reasoning being, even in my near delirious state of mind that if a human looks at my account it appears that i'm not trying to list two locations for a service business.

my situation seemed slightly different than most i've read only because i do actually have a live listing

that all said i'm not going to think on this one since my brain isn't firing 100%, i'll just do whatever you tell me too since you don't have a blurred perspective like i'm fairly sure that i do

would you

1. enter the pin when it comes and see what happens
2. delete it and toss the post card then wait for them to fix the original listing

i have a feeling you're going to say 2 but i have to at least perception check

---------- Post Merged at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:03 PM ----------

took me about 5 minutes of reflecting to realize i should just click the delete button

now the dashboard only shows the single 'we do not support this location" hillsboro address

Yep I would have said #2.

But since you edited the other one before deleting no predicting what will happen. I would assume the edits didn't go through since no pin, but not sure.

Hey wait... You have 2 other listings claimed in your dashboard too???
Vancouver and Buxton? mountain view carpet care - Google Maps
They both look verified to me!

Yep I would have said #2.

But since you edited the other one before deleting no predicting what will happen. I would assume the edits didn't go through since no pin, but not sure.

Hey wait... You have 2 other listings claimed in your dashboard too???
Vancouver and Buxton? mountain view carpet care - Google Maps
They both look verified to me!

nope, vancouver is not me, different state, different business, different owner. i know the guy but we are in no way connected. different tax id's and the whole 9. there are at least half a dozen mountain view carpet cares scattered across the country, another one is in california which is here https://plus.google.com/116149268237287759878/about?gl=us&hl=en

buxton is not on my dashboard, we went over this one before and i marked it as closed on dec 7th

deleted from my dash somewhere in 2008

it's still showing up. buxton is a town with abut 120 people. page probably never gets reviewed. actually, my screen is showing closed or relocated for buxton

this is my dashboard

i really have no interest in trying to game google places. it's far too easy to push organics...which aren't as effective but still do something. i just would like to get our main location back online and get the reviews back. we went from the A position to we do not support this location right after that call. out of all the places they could have chose to manually delete i just can't grasp why they would take the one with the most reviews with the best ranking

Capture23.JPG

nother thought. i never made a local + account for the business. i forgot what the deal was with those, are you not suppose to have a places and local+ account or?'

notice a LOT of listing with the local+ under the places listing

Sorry thought Vancouver was yours too. Same business name, same site template, same favicon, same css, Plus his site says it serves Portland too. Weird so many things are the same. Then I saw you refer to him once as "parter" and once as owning the washington branch of your company, so it seemed connected. If Google wondered about a connection they might jump to the same conclusion.

Ya Buxton shows closed or relocated but it also appears to still be claimed, so if it was yours, I wanted to be sure it was removed from dash.

Sorry thought Vancouver was yours too. Same business name, same site template, same favicon, same css, Plus his site says it serves Portland too. Weird so many things are the same. Then I saw you refer to him once as "parter" and once as owning the washington branch of your company, so it seemed connected. If Google wondered about a connection they might jump to the same conclusion.

Ya Buxton shows closed or relocated but it also appears to still be claimed, so if it was yours, I wanted to be sure it was removed from dash.

may have been on a big job, we do those on occasion. i know chemdry has lord only knows how many separate businesses under the same name. if it came down to it and google asked it would be very easy to produce our state papers and prove we are indeed separate 100%. the only connection we have is giving each other referrals or the occasional job where we're both contractors at the same job site. truthfully, this is a boring business that really doesn't spur the intellect. most these cleaning sites all seem similar. everyone does a great job, everyone cares etc. the partner i typically refer to is jason who was at the beaverton address that i had listed off my main url and now just deleted.

the name mountain view carpet care isn't owned of franchised by anyone. i may have used that language out of habit. if someone calls me from vancouver i often say you should call our washington location. it's not technically correct but it does help with branding the name.

by the way, what do you think of the google+ for business page. i never did one and have noticed a lot of companies with them. you think it would help set my map market location again? do any good? i notice under a LOT of places listings it says "google+ page" rather than reviews

You can't merge with G+ or verifiy a Google+ if you have hidden address, it's not supported. Google is now telling businesses that did it that they must delete their G+ page.

Even businesses that do qualify - most of us experts and even now Google recommend waiting to merge. It's just still too buggy.

may have been on a big job, we do those on occasion. i know chemdry has lord only knows how many separate businesses under the same name. if it came down to it and google asked it would be very easy to produce our state papers and prove we are indeed separate 100%. the only connection we have is giving each other referrals or the occasional job where we're both contractors at the same job site. truthfully, this is a boring business that really doesn't spur the intellect. most these cleaning sites all seem similar. everyone does a great job, everyone cares etc. the partner i typically refer to is jason who was at the beaverton address that i had listed off my main url and now just deleted.

the name mountain view carpet care isn't owned of franchised by anyone. i may have used that language out of habit. if someone calls me from vancouver i often say you should call our washington location. it's not technically correct but it does help with branding the name.
Sounds fishy. So you don't know the guy really well, but you'll misrepresent that he is affiliated with you by claiming you work out of Washington? Most places refer to that as fraud, unless he is affiliated in a greater capacity than you indicate.. Seems like quite the rabbit hole in the world of carpet cleaning.

Note: Sorry but this thread is closed to new replies and some comments deemed too derogatory or argumentative for the good of the community were moderated and removed.

The team discussed this at length and we hated to do it. This is the 1st time ever on this forum we've had to remove posts or close a thread. That's because our users, even if they disagree, normally are respectful and don't attack others. We want to keep this a helpful, positive place. Thanks for understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom