Bob

Reaction score
I have a complicated mess starting about 3 years ago when I had another chiropractor renting a room at my office. He used a different name to market his practice, and google merged our accounts and reviews. That problem finally resolved itself, so I thought, and everything was sorta back to normal. Recently I was checking my listing and I noticed that google merged his information with mine again, the other doctor has been out of my office for over a year, so I made a complaint, and google responded with some of the info changed but not completely. So, when I went to check my places info this what I got: https://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en&georestrict=input_srcid:e758e1ce00a34158. So, next I went into the other accounts basic information and put in the correct info and claimed it, thinking that would make things right. Well things are still mixed up, and I no long show up on google places. My business is sanclementechiropractic.com, and other one is Pure Precision Chiropractic. Can you direct me to anyone who can help me sort this mess out?

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Hi Bob,

We help people here all the time with semi normal or easy to answer problems.

Issues like yours are however what I call a ClusterF* The listings are clustered together which I could normally just tell you the best way to fix, if it was just a standard cluster/merge.

But yours is highly complicated by the fact the other Chiro is no longer there PLUS claiming both complicates it PLUS now your main listing disappeared. I predict it could take hours to investigate and recommend how to fix which is beyond what I can do here at the forum.

Here are all the live listings: (949) 492-5511 - Google Maps So it gets infinitely more complicated. There are dupes, all with the other guy's name. One is marked closed which is a HUGE problem since it's merged with yours and there is another listing with some completely different name as well.
Like I said, big ClusterF* :eek:

I do offer consulting for complicated cases like this. So email me if you'd like help and I can give you a quote. linda AT catalystemarketing DOT com This would be to explain what's wrong and advise you on how to fix it. I don't do the hands on, just consulting. And I will be upfront and tell you ones like this can be an absolute bear and sometimes you just can't get the big knot of data untangled.

If you aren't very tech savvy, don't know how to deal with Google+ Local or don't want to invest the time to do this yourself (with just my advice), but want someone to just do all the work for you, let me know that in the email so I can try to think of someone that could maybe do it for you. But offhand I can't think of anyone that will work on a complicated troubleshooting case like this.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Local Search News Curator Google Now Auto-Merging Google+ Pages Into Google Places Dashboard Listings Google My Business & Google Maps 0
T Merging Google Plus with Google Places Local Search 3
B Google + Local Merging with Places and Website Question? Help & Support for Google Local 14
shondarogers With all the changes should we still merge Google Places with Google + Local page? Google My Business & Google Maps 11
J Should I verify Places dashboard even though Google+ business page is verified/merged Help & Support for Google Local 7
Colan Nielsen Accidentally Triggered a Google Places Verification After Listing Has Been Merged Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Linda Buquet Google+ Business Update - Pros and Cons of Merging Google Places Now Vs Waiting Local Search 4
Michael Charvet Merging Google+ with Places -- Suite Number Issue. Your Thoughts Please . . . Help & Support for Google Local 5
Linda Buquet BREAKING! Google+ Business Merge with Google Place Pages Starts Now! Google My Business & Google Maps 42
Linda Buquet BREAKING! Google+ Business Merge with Google Place Pages Starts Now! Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Linda Buquet Google Places Merged Listings Analogy Local Search 0
NickB-Tampa How can I unsync Google My Business from my Bing Places listings? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
U How is Google Selecting Places on Google Local Context Maps Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Justin Mosebach Google Maps Lists (Saved Places) Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Colan Nielsen Google Now Displaying "Place Topics" on Desktop Google News: Important Changes & Features 1
S Google places email signature with updating review count Google My Business & Google Maps 9
vivekrpatel How Do We Generate Google Place API? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
JoyHawkins Google Launches Place Topics Google News: Important Changes & Features 10
Somsenater Import data from Google My Business in Bing Places for Business Local Search 11
Chay Google Map Place labels Help & Support for Google Local 2
C Tracking Google Places Traffic Google My Business & Google Maps 1
T Tracking Google Places With UTM tracking in Google Anlaytics Google My Business & Google Maps 1
bhartzer Added New Place on Maps.. Google Puts Location as My House Google My Business & Google Maps 2
B Suite Naming Conventions for Google Places Google My Business & Google Maps 2
A Which Address to Use for Ranking in Google Places Citations 11
MiriamEllis Does Google 'My Places' Still Exist? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
C ABRASIVE Re: HEADS UP - Google Removing GMB Pages and Replacing with Maps Place Pages Recycle Bin 0
Linda Buquet New Google Place Actions Pilot: Dynamic Local Schema for Appointments & Reservations Google My Business & Google Maps 1
paulg Google Places API now returns a google maps url rather than a google+ url Google My Business & Google Maps 10
Linda Buquet Haha Want a Fake Google Local Location? Place a Classified Ad Spam on Google 6
L Between a Rock and a Hard Place on Google Local - Rebranding or Moving? Moving or Name Changes 12
Linda Buquet Between a Rock and a Hard Place on Google Local - Rebranding or Moving? Moving or Name Changes 12
frederickwebpro Current best practice for G+ "introduction" (Formerly Google Places Description) Google My Business & Google Maps 2
N Google AutoComplete/AutoSuggest for places Local Search 1
Linda Buquet Busted! Google Places (GMB) Scam Company Shut Down for Lying & Intimidation Spam on Google 0
T Multiple Google Places Listing Help Help & Support for Google Local 1
F Very inconsistant NAP yet they still rank in Google Places? Ranking Puzzles 2
frederickwebpro Very inconsistant NAP yet they still rank in Google Places? Ranking Puzzles 2
Linda Buquet Major Update: New Guidelines for Google My Business (Google Places) Google My Business & Google Maps 65
K When was the last Google places update? Local Search 4
M Google Places Bulk Upload Management Not Working Propely Google My Business & Google Maps 7
Emmanuel Is Google Place Page That Is Not Claimed Considered A Dupe? Help & Support for Google Local 12
M Google Places Wrong Address Been Displayed On Serp Results! Google My Business & Google Maps 3
C Best Ways to Find Duplicate Google Places/Plus Listings (Post Pigeon) Google Duplicates & Merges 10
Colan Nielsen Best Ways to Find Duplicate Google Places/Plus Listings (Post Pigeon) Google Duplicates & Merges 10
M Google Places Rank Tracking Tools Local SEO Tools & Software 6
Linda Buquet Google "Places" Robocall Scammer - Caught in Lies! Google My Business & Google Maps 37
Greg Schueler I Still Have the Google Places (old) Dashboard!?!? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Linda Buquet RIP Places Search - Causing Google Local Rank Tracking Problems - New Google Update Google My Business & Google Maps 10
Linda Buquet Google "My Business" Launches! Goodbye Places for Business! HUGE Google Update! Google My Business & Google Maps 88