Reaction score
I have a new client that has a Verified Google + local listing in his dashboard.

When i go to the listing it shows 3 reviews and looks good. However, it does not show up in Plus local, but does in Maps.

According to the business owner it has been that way for months.

I decided to test, and went to Google's add business link and put in the phone number to see if Google shows me his listing. Well his verified listing did not appear, yet another one did with just his Name and Phone Number, nothing else.

I assume this is a Google created listing and lacks any info (categories, website, etc...). When i claimed it as his I received a phone verification prompt and verified it.

Problem: Now I have 2 identical verified listings in the dashboard - the original goes here

https://plus.google.com/103013100217693778944/about?gl=US&hl=en-US

The one Google created and was just phone verified yesterday is showing

We currently do not support the location

Funny thing is, the original listing shows 39 impressions w/ 0 actions and the newly verified listing immediately showed the same numbers upon verification.

Did the unclaimed listing keep the verified listing w/ 3 reviews from showing up? I could find no violations that would cause a Google penalty.

Will Google merge these 2 or should I delete one, if yes, which one?

This is a service business so he is not showing address.

Any thoughts?

Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi Jeffrey,

Sounds like the duplicates have merged, due to the analytics matching up in the account.

You want to remove one of the listings from your account(I would assume you want to remove the Google created listing with the DNSL message). It's against Google's quality guidelines to have multiple claimed listings for the same business.

Does the original listing that you created go the the correct listing when you click view listing from the dash?

Reaction score
Thanks Colan,

Yes it does. When you look at it everything looks great but it just wasn't coming in the Places only Maps. It even has 3 reviews.

Do you think the unclaimed listing floating out there with the same NAP (except address) was keeping the original listing from showing up in Places?

I have gone over his listing with a fine tooth comb and found nothing that would anger the Google Gods and create a penalty.

My gut told me to delete the new listing, but i respect your knowledge and appreciate your fast response.

Jeff

apolodor

Reaction score
Jeffrey, I'm currently encountering a similar issue... I don't have an answer to it, but I thought it would add up well to the discussion.

Since last February I am involved in a business that has already been submitted to Google+ Local TWICE, from two different Google+ accounts by the last owner. The problem is I only have access to one of these accounts. Is there any way I can delete the other listing? Both pages appear in Google Maps and in Google+ Local as well. I'm worried about not confusing customers or perhaps even losing both listings (including the one we have all our customer reviews on). Have any of you been confronted with something similar?

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi Apolodor,

If you start a thread in the help forum, and do the best you can to fill in the stuff below, that will give members here the best chance at giving you the best possible advice.

LINK to G+ Local OR if it's missing, link to web site:

Name, address, phone (as listed in dashboard):

Verification date:

Problem:

Related History:

Screenshot(s) if helpful:

IF RANKING PROBLEM: What City + Keyword?

apolodor

Reaction score
@Colan thanks a lot. But due to some confidentiality issues with my associate partner, I'm not allowed to publish the business name with its issue elsewhere. :(

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Since last February I am involved in a business that has already been submitted to Google+ Local TWICE, from two different Google+ accounts by the last owner. The problem is I only have access to one of these accounts. Is there any way I can delete the other listing? Both pages appear in Google Maps and in Google+ Local as well. I'm worried about not confusing customers or perhaps even losing both listings (including the one we have all our customer reviews on). Have any of you been confronted with something similar?

Use the Google Places Troubleshooter to report the duplicate. Keep pushing to try and get access to that other account. I believe it will be a lot faster to have the duplicate merged or removed if it isn't claimed in an account somewhere.

---------- Post Merged at 08:50 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:48 AM ----------

Also, it's a violation of Google's Quality Guidelines to have multiple claimed listings for a single business. This can cause a bunch of problems. The worst case scenario, though rare, could be a suspension of one or both of the accounts.