More threads by pbarnhart

Reaction score
I knew this was coming - we started seeing Google merging our UTM'd GMB listing with the canonical home page last year (Google Search Console Now Shows Google-Selected Canonical URLs (searchenginejournal.com)), but then they suddenly stopped. Looks like a lot of our client properties have been merged in the past few weeks based on comparison to archived reports.

Suggestions?

1606344713329.png

I don't see any change to how it's reporting on the performance of the URLs using UTM codes. That's all I use it for.

1606393431123.png

Yes, that's exactly how we use ours, and most of the listings we manage report the exact same way. But some some are having their reporting merged with the canonical version. Some of our multi-location accounts have some locations merged and some not. I would be more than happy to give you access to some example accounts where this has started to happen.

Interesting. I'll let you know if we see it happen on any of ours.

The thread response is not from Google. Just a Google Product Expert :)

I'd be interested to know if more people are seeing the merging.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom