More threads by borinqen

borinqen

Reaction score
Hi!
Recently we noticed our ranking dropped out of the top three in local, where we have been for quite some time. I could not pinpoint the issue so after some digging I found an issue detected on my Google Search Console. The issue reads, " Google has detected harmful content on some of your site's pages..." etc. I am assuming that this may be the reason for our ranking drop. I requested a review from Google since our site does NOT have any harmful content or software etc. I also checked our site in the Google Tranparency Report and our site shows as having no malicious content. Aside from requesting a review (which I am not sure how long a response will take) I have also sent Google a message via social media , however, due to the pandemic I am getting an automated reply. Our business is already being affected by this pandemic and now with the drop in ranking we are being affected even more. We are an IT company and we have absolutely nothing malicious on our site. The only thing that we have added recently was a link for "Coronovirus Response" and an online chat. Could any of these two things be the culprit?? Any feedback would be appreciated!

If you are comfortable adding the business details here, as well as the keyword(s) that you are looking at you'll get some advice from one, but probably multiple GMB experts.

Yes, great. Thank you! Company name PC Network Solutions, site: www.pcnetworked.com .
Keywords:
IT Support Palm Beach Gardens,
Managed IT Services Palm Beach Gardens
Computer Support Palm Beach Gardens

I have just removed our button with "coronavirus response". I was thinking that since it's one of the changes we made before our drop in ranking than it was worth a shot to remove. The button took users to a page with info on working from home , network security, etc.

Hi!

I just did a search from Spain/Desktop and spotted something I had not seen before for your result.

Screenshot_2020-04-29_at_09_54_47.png

Any idea what this feature is and why it is showing in the results page?

Screenshot 2020-04-29 at 09.55.11.png

Your business listing is not appearing in the 3 Pack but did show in the 5th position in Maps,

Screenshot 2020-04-29 at 09.58.33.png

This could be related to the recent data anomalies in Search Console.
After glancing at the source code of the site, there is some mixed non SSL urls referenced, but I don't think it would set off a harmful content warning.

On another note, the suppression in local search could be from multiple GMB profiles for the same business.
The reviews gave your other profile away.

An instance was found where a single google account wrote reviews for the PBG location on Military and one for "PC Network Solutions: IT Support West Palm Beach" at Phillips Point virtual office in WPB. PC Network Solutions: IT Support West Palm Beach

Make sure the business name, address and phone are legit Detail by Entity Name

I hope this helps. I'm from the Palm Beach County area.

Hi!

I just did a search from Spain/Desktop and spotted something I had not seen before for your result.

Screenshot_2020-04-29_at_09_54_47.png

Any idea what this feature is and why it is showing in the results page?

Screenshot 2020-04-29 at 09.55.11.png

Your business listing is not appearing in the 3 Pack but did show in the 5th position in Maps,

Screenshot 2020-04-29 at 09.58.33.png
Yes, I had seen it the fifth position but we did fall out of the top three which was my concern.

This could be related to the recent data anomalies in Search Console.
After glancing at the source code of the site, there is some mixed non SSL urls referenced, but I don't think it would set off a harmful content warning.

On another note, the suppression in local search could be from multiple GMB profiles for the same business.
The reviews gave your other profile away.

An instance was found where a single google account wrote reviews for the PBG location on Military and one for "PC Network Solutions: IT Support West Palm Beach" at Phillips Point virtual office in WPB. PC Network Solutions: IT Support West Palm Beach

Make sure the business name, address and phone are legit Detail by Entity Name

I hope this helps. I'm from the Palm Beach County area.
Yes, we have two location. The one in Palm Beach Gardens is our main office, however, we had a lot of clients in the West Palm Beach are so our West Palm Beach office actually has four of our techs there so it's not a virtual, it's an actual office that we have rented out.

As of this morning Google sent me a message indicating that they did receive our review request and they have found no malicious content so they have removed the warning. I send them about three review requests so I guess it pays to be persistent. Tks everyone for you feeback!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom