More threads by djbaxter

djbaxter

Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Google Says Shortnames Suspension Bug Should Be Fixed In A Couple Days
by Barry Schwartz, Search Engine Roundtable
July 25, 2019

Over the past few weeks or so there have been suspensions in Google My Business and a lot of rumors around why those suspensions have happened. Google has not been exactly clear about the issue but they did say they restored the suspended listings. That was not true and we waited.

Now, Candour shared on Twitter a screen shot of Google My Business saying the shortnames connected bug with suspensions should be resolved soon, probably within 48 hours. The direct message reads "our engineering team has conformed that there was a technical issue connected to short names that is in profess of being fixed. If however, you are still experiencing the issue after 48 hours, please reply here with your dashboard URL."

Here is a screen shot from yesterday:

google-message-1564054371.png

And Google said previously the two were unrelated....

Read more...

I really thought this was fixed. I'll check with Google again.

Thanks for the update! I've been holding off on creating these for my clients... I'd rather deal with a short URL for a while longer than have to explain to an angry client where their listing went.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom