More threads by Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I need some ideas on how to fix this issue. When searching on Google for the exact business name for my client, Google shows the KP for their doctor instead of the practice profile. My client is Aker Kasten Eye Center AkerKastenEyeCenter - Google Search. When you search for that name, Google shows a KP for their doctor GMB, Dr. Aker B. Alan DrAkerAlan - Google Search. Here are the changes I made last week in hopes that it would fix this issue.

1. I tried to diminish the value of that doc listing by removing the website and phone number. I also removed the secondary category, Eye Care Center. The only category on his GMB rn is 'Doctor'.
  2. I updated the maps on their site by embedding the GMB for their practice. Previously, the map was just linking to their address.
  3. I updated the sameAs section in their schema. Previously they had their old G+ URL in that section, I updated it to their GMB URL.
I am not sure what else I can do to have Google display the practice GMB instead of the doc when searching for the business name.

Looking for any ideas you all may have.

Hey Jeffrey,

If you contact Google My Business support and ask them to add what's known as a "works at" relation to the Dr. Aker listing, this *should* fix the issue. Please let us know if it does :)

Soo. Still waiting on Google to add this label lol....
Screen Shot 2020-12-08 at 9.51.36 AM.png

Finally got an actionable response.
Google wants me to make the primary category for the doctor and practice gmb's the same. It's this highly discouraged because of filtering?
Screen Shot 2020-12-11 at 10.46.11 AM.png

Hey Jeffrey,

This sounds wrong to me. I've had them do it several times before without requiring this. If you post a thread on the GMB forum (Sign in - Google Accounts) and DM me the link to the thread, I'd be happy to send it to Google for you. Please include the names + links to both listings.

Hi everyone! Wanted to reopen this ticket because Google finally added the "Located In" relation to this doctors GMB. They added it last Friday, unfortunately, this did not fix the issue. The GMB for Dr. Aker B. Alan is still showing up when searching for Aker Kasten Eye Center. I have tried to differentiate these GMB's as much as I could, but Google still wants to show the doc GMB instead of the practice GMB when searching for the practices name. Last week I changed the primary category on the doc GMB to something very irrelevant (Lawyer) to see if this would help, but it didn't.

Does anyone else have any ideas on how I can get the practice GMB to show up when searching for the practices name?

Thanks

Can you try correcting the name on the practitioner listing so it says Dr. Alan B. Aker (vs last name first)?

Hey Jeffrey,

I chatted with Google about this and the main issue would be that the listing used to have the practice in the name ("Aker Kasten Eye Center: Aker Alan B MD). It looks like one of their other practitioners is still listed like that: Aker Kasten Eye Center: Jill F. Rodila, MD

Also, the practitioners are using the same phone number as the practice listing which further confuses things. I'd suggest the following:

1. Link the practitioner listing to his bio page on the website
  2. Change the homepage title tag on the site to list the full practice name at the end ( add "eye center")
  3. Get a unique phone number to use for Alan's listing and also use that phone number on the 3rd party directories that rank high for searches for his name on Google.

@JoyHawkins This issue has been fixed!!! I updated the phone number on Dr. Aker Kasten's listing last monday (2/15) and today the search results changed to show the practice instead of the doctor when searching for the business name.
Thanks for your help and all your suggestions!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom