More threads by Brian - TGL

Brian - TGL

Reaction score
I have a client that as a part of the quote process gets new potential customers to text some photos of the project required. Since the start of the month he is running into the issue where the client calls him and then goes into the call history to send photos and that is not his primary phone number (which is his cell). Typically when my clients were in that situation I recommend that they let the customer know the number they dialed is for incoming phone calls and give them the cell number to send photos . . . but I'm not sure why the tracking number is showing up at all as Google removed that feature in July.

The options that previous made it simple to turn off tracking no longer are available:

It's not the first time google remove the option to deactivate call tracking without actually removing the call tracker numbers for everyone. You'll need to talk with support. Make sure you include screenshot that prove the phone number displayed is not the one you have entered for the GBP.

However, do NOT send these screenshots in your initial report. It's a waste of time: no human will see the report and the system will just send a default email with no useful solution. Reply to THAT email with the screenshots.

I know it was turned off before the call tracking feature was removed because I specifically removed it & verified it.

What's the best portal these days to initiate a support thread for a GBP?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

LocalU October 2024 Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom