More threads by Maginot

Reaction score
So I've tried a few different means to correct information on Factual.

1) InfoUSA's white label Yext doesnt seem to get consistent, timely changes
2) Moz Local seems to have the same issue.
3) Submitting changes directly to Factual. Finding my clients and clicking the "edit" never changes the info.

Is there a better way?

Last I heard they shut down the ability to update listings. I know Yext pushes data to their database, and I believe Moz local has a similar partnership. Outside of that... not sure what else we can do. I think they went the partnership route to try and bring in revenue to the business.

How long did you wait after submitting to Moz Local for the changes to take effect? It can take up to 60 days.

How many records are you trying to modify?

How long did you wait after submitting to Moz Local for the changes to take effect? It can take up to 60 days.

How many records are you trying to modify?

I have seen it take more than six months. But it does eventually take.

Then again, with Moz local I have been waiting since August 2014 for it to finish updating our Infogroup listing, and it still isn't done.

I have seen it take more than six months. But it does eventually take.

Then again, with Moz local I have been waiting since August 2014 for it to finish updating our Infogroup listing, and it still isn't done.

That doesn't make sense. It should really never take more than 2 months, unless something is really wrong. When it takes more than 2 months, do you report that to Moz?

I also don't understand the Infogroup issue. You can add a listing directly to InfoGroup by using expressupdate.com. It takes 1-2 weeks, typically.

Yep, I have complained to them about a handful of things over the past few years. In my experience (YMMV) it takes them a couple of days or weeks to reply, and then their response is, "these things take time, give us more time".

Yep, I have complained to them about a handful of things over the past few years. In my experience (YMMV) it takes them a couple of days or weeks to reply, and then their response is, "these things take time, give us more time".

Ok - sorry to hear that. My experience with them so far has been very good. They've been responsive to questions and I've found that they've been able to make solid progress on all our citations within 60 days (one exception is Superpages which I'll be writing about very shortly).

The Big 4 aggregators don't accept changes from anybody blindly. They get data from so many different places they need to figure out what info is most authentic, which is why it does take 30-60 days. I do think Moz has a pretty high authority with those folks, but there are others with strong authority too. This is the craziness that's been created in the Citation world...

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom