More threads by FriarTuck00

Reaction score
Our agency has been looking into this tool for potential future use, but we haven't seen much from other SEOs on it. One of their big selling points is that it creates "Geopositioned Local Landing Pages", which they say are Google-compliant. I have yet to find any information to confirm or refute this. On the surface, this service seems sketchy but I don't want to write it off if, in fact, it's legit. Any help or insight y'all could provide would be appreciated. Thanks!

"Geopositioned Local Landing Pages", which they say are Google-compliant.
Any idea what exactly they mean by that? So I actually don't see how you could even create a landing page that would not be Google compliant so that's kind of interesting. Unless this is related to Google Ads.

Sounds like they are jut creating location pages? Geo positioned may be their way to make "geo relevance" sound more appealing.

Any idea what exactly they mean by that? So I actually don't see how you could even create a landing page that would not be Google compliant so that's kind of interesting. Unless this is related to Google Ads.

We haven't met or talked with them yet, so I'm not entirely sure. Here's what they said in their email to us with an accompanying image.

We create multiple landing pages and plant them based on GPS coordinates throughout the area around your location.

proximitybooster.jpg

"patented technology" sounds nice and fancy - wonder what that patent number is :)

My guess, it's not GMB/Map related. Instead they're creating regular landing pages on the site, embedding the GEO Coordinates and other local features about a specific area (auto generated pages). Similar to what an SEO would do when creating city pages for contact, they're doing something similar. They're then linking those pages back to the GMB property to give it "influence" in a particular area.

The question is, what they consider local - is it local as in less than 1/2 mile, or local as in the next city/town.

"patented technology" sounds nice and fancy - wonder what that patent number is :)

My guess, it's not GMB/Map related. Instead they're creating regular landing pages on the site, embedding the GEO Coordinates and other local features about a specific area (auto generated pages). Similar to what an SEO would do when creating city pages for contact, they're doing something similar. They're then linking those pages back to the GMB property to give it "influence" in a particular area.

The question is, what they consider local - is it local as in less than 1/2 mile, or local as in the next city/town.

Exactly... plus it must be automated to create as many as they claim. You could probably create better geo relevance with city location pages doing the work yourself. Google forks over all the clues that it sees as "relevant" to a city when you search for said city in the SERP.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom