More threads by macher52

macher52

Reaction score
Hi my uncle has a mattress business that my grandfather started in 1960. Business doesn’t have a website and not many reviews(10). Business is located in a great location with a big sign that it was relying on. Business is located in the map pack but only within mile of the store. Business is in a town of 40,000 but located in a heavily populated metro area of Philadelphia.

Business is competing with national brand mattress stores like mattress factory, mattress firm etc.

In the process of getting a website together with an exact match domain. mattressstoreCITYNAME.com.

How could we extend the area? If I’m searching for a mattress store near me and I’m 2 miles from the store, it doesn’t show up. I feel we could possibly be losing a significant amount of business.

Thanks!

You can work on getting more reviews for sure. Review consistency is a ranking factor, so the more recent reviews you get the better. See this article that explains it Does Review Recency Matter for Google Rankings?

Other than that, you can try adding predefined and custom services to your primary category and see if that helps - though not sure if it will give you a big enough push given the high competition How Google Business Profile pre-defined services can impact local SEO

Without seeing the listings, it's hard to give more recommendations. That said, getting a website and linking it to the GBP will certainly help, competing with national brands can be tough without a website. So having a website you can edit to help improve GBP rankings is your best move.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

Brightlocal - Local SEO for Good

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom