More threads by Larry Linson

Reaction score
I am considered a virtual office - we all know the cost savings are substantial. I know from what I have read that eventually, one is going to lose their GMB profile. My question is this: how do I ASSESS the impact of this change? While I currently appear in the 3-pack, I honestly am not sure it is that beneficial.

Not sure what you mean by "virtual office" but technically Google does not allow listings to be verified to virtual offices - especially if the address is showing - per the guidelines. Depending on your situation, you could be suspended (though you will have the opportunity to appeal this if you fix the issue).

If by "ASSESS the impact of this change" you mean getting you profile suspended - if this happens you just wont show in maps anymore.

Not sure what you mean by "virtual office" but technically Google does not allow listings to be verified to virtual offices - especially if the address is showing - per the guidelines. Depending on your situation, you could be suspended (though you will have the opportunity to appeal this if you fix the issue).

If by "ASSESS the impact of this change" you mean getting you profile suspended - if this happens you just wont show in maps anymore.

Thank you for your response. My situation is complicated. My building has been razed - late in my career. My hope was to go out via an office suite until I started reading here to find "the guidelines" are hostile to that arrangement. Problem is, I have had good 3-pack placement for some time. Unfortunately I do not have an metrics and just how many clients have come to me through the 3-pack. I have deferred the problem by working at home in the last year but not changing the old address. Now Google has rescanned my address and plopped a nice empty lot as my GMB outside picture, so I can defer action no longer, I think.

I have thoroughly read the guidelines and it seems the real sticking point with an office share is being present - myself or a staff member- at the listed hours of operations. Never mind that I make it clear I do not accetp "drop ins". The irony to me is that I could lease an office and be there only half the time - Google is not going to know that.

Just looking at the numbers, the spread between the office suite and a lease is substantial, but just one good case that came to me via google maps that would not have come to me otherwise on a monthly basis more than makes up for the difference. Just not sure which was to jump!

Whatever you do, get metrical moving forward. Having metrics is always better than not having metrics. Otherwise it's fishing in the dark. Knowing the probability of landing the elusive unicorn "maps only" client would be super helpful, especially if it's very low. Godspeed.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom