More threads by RobinOctane

Reaction score
I don't know how this happened but my client suddenly has 20 listings using the wrong address and their old phone number.

Here's the weird thing. They also just started ranking higher from 3 to 2. Just by one place (been a slow climb)

Both phone numbers are on the website, because the old number they have kept and advertise for spanish speaking calls.

Is there a way to tell when these listings appeared? Like a way back machine but for listings or age of listing site?

Trying to figure this out. It's almost like a data aggregator pushed it out. I know the client wouldn't of done this because for one, it's the address of a mom and pop store.

Thanks for tips.

20 listings? You mean Google+ Local listings or 3rd party?

I don't know how this happened but my client suddenly has 20 listings using the wrong address and their old phone number.

Here's the weird thing. They also just started ranking higher from 3 to 2. Just by one place (been a slow climb).

Both phone numbers are on the website, because the old number they have kept and advertise for spanish speaking calls.

I can't speak to the ranking increase, it could just be a coincidence. But one thing I would say right off the bat would be to make that old phone number an image, not text. Otherwise you're going to run into issues with the phone number popping up in duplicates again and again. One of our clients is a franchise and they have two phone numbers on the website, one being the primary and the other a tracking number corporate won't remove. This has caused numerous issues. So if you have control over it, make the Spanish number an image - it'll save you a lot of headaches in the future.

A similar situation as the one you describe recently happened with one of our clients. When we initially took them on, they were no where to be found in Google. They had two duplicates in Google and countless variations of business name and address. We managed to get the duplicate removed through Google phone support (finally), many of the duplicates were finally being deleted as well and then a whole new crop of listings with the wrong business name began to pop up.

This is an attorney, so this type of thing is pretty common, but I'd also like to know if anyone has tips on getting to the source of some of these duplicates quicker by possibly prioritizing some directories over others before they spread to other directories - almost like a hit list of notorious directory sites to target first because they are more likely to spread wrong info quicker and more often.

---------- Post Merged at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:24 AM ----------

20 listings? You mean Google+ Local listings or 3rd party?

Yikes! I would hope third party listings! :eek:

I tend to think of duplicates in Google as the tip of an iceberg. If I see 3 duplicates, that's just the beginning and there's a whole bunch of cleanup that needs to be done across the web.

3rd Party.

Get Listed is weird it said there was Google listing but I don't see it even when searching by phone number and by address.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom