More threads by ericreiss

ericreiss

Reaction score
My firm recently changed its name, and the knowledge panel has the incorrect name.

Any idea how I get the knowledge panel updated?

1677097318618.jpg

Solution
Hi Eric, so it looks like the name change happened on/around Jan 1st? As the previous name had been used a very long time, there are a lot of existing indexed images for the old logo. Using several different searches, I wasn't able to get a KP to show up with the old logo, except occasionally a KP would show up with information about the name change with content from TV news channels.

I took a look at several of your Google Business Profiles in multiple cities, and I don't see where your current logo has been uploaded/updated to your GBPs. Also, I'd suggest doing a Google Image search for The Sawaya Law Firm to locate outdated images/logos being used by third parties, an example I found was Yelp where your information hasn't been...
Hi Eric, so it looks like the name change happened on/around Jan 1st? As the previous name had been used a very long time, there are a lot of existing indexed images for the old logo. Using several different searches, I wasn't able to get a KP to show up with the old logo, except occasionally a KP would show up with information about the name change with content from TV news channels.

I took a look at several of your Google Business Profiles in multiple cities, and I don't see where your current logo has been uploaded/updated to your GBPs. Also, I'd suggest doing a Google Image search for The Sawaya Law Firm to locate outdated images/logos being used by third parties, an example I found was Yelp where your information hasn't been updated to reflect the new name/content. I'd also make sure that all old logos, even if they are no longer being used anywhere on your website, have been removed from your website hosting account. If there are still instances of your logo on your hosting account, you should also do a 301 redirect to the new logo before deleting it. If the images/logos were simply deleted without doing a 301 redirect, it may take awhile for Google to drop those images from their index.

Lastly, looking at your website footer, it appears that you may be paying a company for digital marketing. What have they done or suggested to do to address the logo issue?

Solution
Hi, Jeff.

This is very solid advice.

Thank you so so much for taking the time to write that message.

I wish you so many blessings!

Eric

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom