More threads by Jefflam

Jefflam

Reaction score
If I am doing local seo for client, how do you define good local seo works? especially visbility on Maps as search factor based on proximity ? what I can promise beside local 3 pack ?

Hi @Jefflam, when we send reports to our clients we focus on how many phone calls and form submissions they received and where they came from (GMB, Google Organic, Google Ads). If those numbers are increasing we would define that as success. Those are the primary KPI's but we also share performance increases on things like rankings (using Bright Local, Local Falcon, Places Scout) and things like increases in organic traffic, CTR.

I would be careful about promising rankings. The goal is good rankings, of course, but we can never guarantee them. Like Colan said, showing your clients conversion actions is your best bet, so make sure you have good tracking set up on your site that will measure these actions so you can share with your clients. After all, that's the goal. You can have the best rankings in search ever, but if the site does not convert, then there is no ROI.

Local Falcon

Slightly off topic (sorry @Jefflam ) but I just wanted to say that I'd never heard of Local Falcon before, and spent a good bit of my morning poking around on their site and videos. What an interesting little tool and one I'll have to purchase and test with. This tool could potentially allow me to stop asking users to search in their area and report the results of the top 5 locations.

Just wanted to say thanks for opening my eyes on this one @Colan Nielsen - I need to go play and run some sample reports :)

Last edited:
You're welcome! @Yan Gilbert who created the tool is a moderator here at the forum and also a fellow colleague at Sterling Sky and just an overall amazing guy.

Thanks Colan.

@Conor Treacy if you have any questions you can PM me so we don't derail the thread here.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom