More threads by AlexPete

AlexPete

Reaction score
Hi there,

Curios to see how you can get to the Google Business Profile website! I don't have the old dashboard anymore, and I don't see a tab for the website from the search.

Click on edit profile.

new website.jpg

edit on google.jpg

The business.site option appears to have been eliminated, for businesses that already have a regular website link listed in the Google Business Profile dashboard...

The business.site option appears to have been eliminated, for businesses that already have a regular website link listed in the Google Business Profile dashboard...

Yeah, it appears that you have to temporarily remove that URL to get it back. if you want to create one.

Yeah, it appears that you have to temporarily remove that URL to get it back. if you want to create one.

I just tested removing the branded URL on 2 GBP locations (one was an Auto Repair Shop & one was a Construction Company) and I didn't get the option to add the business.site:

I just tested removing the branded URL on 2 GBP locations (one was an Auto Repair Shop & one was a Construction Company) and I didn't get the option to add the business.site:

The situation has changed since this thread was posted. We think Google is clearly planning on a phase out of the feature like they did personalised review URLs.

The new method to get to the website (and also the photos, as it happens!) is described by @Tim Kahlert here: How To Find The Google Business Profile ID. Warning: it's rather convoluted!

The new method to get to the website (and also the photos, as it happens!) is described by @Tim Kahlert here: How To Find The Google Business Profile ID. Warning: it's rather convoluted!

Looks like that link was for the Business Profile ID, but I tracked down the other article here:

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom