More threads by SEO

SEO

Reaction score
My client owns an established service business but has never set up, claimed, or done anything to create his Google Business Profile. It is not listed on Google to be claimed. He's an expert in his field but not comfortable with even the simple steps to start his GBP and then invite me to manage it. I have a Google Agency account and could request access but when I start the request process, Google only gives me an option to "create a business with this name".

He has confidential business information in his Gmail account so he doesn't want to give me his password. I understand this but I would like to help him in a way that is simple for him.

I have a Google Agency account and could request access but when I start the request process, Google only gives me an option to "create a business with this name".

If he doesn't have a listing then what would you be requesting access to?

If no listing exists then you could create the listing on his behalf and then add him as an owner and then promote him to the primary owner.

Reactions: SEO
If he doesn't have a listing then what would you be requesting access to?

If no listing exists then you could create the listing on his behalf and then add him as an owner and then promote him to the primary owner.

The client wants me to set up and optimize a GBP for his business. I appreciate your response. Is it best to create one for him with my Google Agency account? Thank you.

I've done that before and it worked fine. Just remember that you will want to give the business owner primary owner access.

Reactions: SEO
Hi, first post, this site/forum came up in a Google search!

Similar question. Meeting with a prospective client on Tuesday. He has a GBP but it is not claimed. It's been a while since I've done local SEO and have never done much with GBPs.

I have never claimed one for someone else before. What is easiest? Have him claim it, then give me Manager access? I don't know how much info he would have to provide before adding me, or how comfortable he would be with doing so.

Also - this is for a self-storage facility. Is there a way to find out the typical verification message for that category?

Thank you! Look forward to contributing.

I have never claimed one for someone else before. What is easiest? Have him claim it, then give me Manager access? I don't know how much info he would have to provide before adding me, or how comfortable he would be with doing so.

Also - this is for a self-storage facility. Is there a way to find out the typical verification message for that category?
Welcome to the Local Search Forum. It's great to have you.

Having the business owner claim it is a good idea. You can walk them through the steps and it can help to build the relationship.

You will most likely get the video verification option but depending on a few factors you might get email or phone verification options.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

LocalU October 2024 Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom