More threads by Goku770

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to check if your website has a KML sitemap? I used a word press KML generator but I have no idea if its working or not.

Yeah and just to be clear, the sitemap is something different. There's the locations.kml file then there's something in the sitemap to point Google to the KML file. Personally I use a file titled geositemap.xml, but others may just add the KML file location to the regular sitemap.xml or whatever they've titled it. It doesn't matter.

Just go onto the server and check the root folder for the proper files. :)

They usually are in the root folder, but read the plugin documentation to see where the file is placed.

Does anyone know how to check if your website has a KML sitemap? I used a word press KML generator but I have no idea if its working or not.

When you used the word press KML generator, did it output any info to you? Did you have to download the file or did it provide a link to view the file? As was mentioned, it is usually in the form of www.yourdomain.com/locations.kml where you replace "yourdomain" with your actual site url.

hi @Goku770

just run the next search query on google:

filetype:KML site:domain.tld

in this way you can identify the KML file even if the file name is different than local.kml

You could also discover the sitemap.xml file of the site and try to find the path to local.kml in it. You will find it as long as it is listed in the xml file and usually it should be.

Or you can just try domain.tld/local.kml the way it was mentioned before

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom