Matt Chauhan

Reaction score
We are working with a client who owns two different businesses both located at the same address. Now, the first business is merged with the second one. What should we do with the GMB listing of the first business? It has no reviews. Shall we mark the business as permanently closed and remove the listing from our account?

hajnasiewicz

GMB Product Expert
LocalU Member
Reaction score
Yes, from my own experience this is the way to go. AND make sure to conduct a search results audit to catch/submit corrections to any citation sources that may have the old business still alive.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
F How Does a Business Deal with Fake Reviews? Recycle Bin 0
LocalSEODat How Does a Business Deal with Fake Reviews? Local Reviews 32
D Dealing with "Unofficial" Facebook Business Pages Mobile & Social 12
Cam My Google+ Business Page Reviews keep dissapearing. How do I deal with this? Local Reviews 6
M What's the deal with ADA Website Compliance? Websites, Software, and Security 82
raellovepie Review not intended for our company. How to deal with it? Local Reviews 3
jvaquino How do you deal with Local.com? Citations 13
JoshuaMackens New Way To Deal With Dupes? Google My Business & Google Maps 18
JoyHawkins How Do You Deal With Competitors That Get Fake Reviews? Local Reviews 7
djbaxter Google: Duplicate meta descriptions no big deal Organic SEO 0
S Dealing with third party order links for restaurants Google My Business & Google Maps 3
SEOExpertBrad Could use some advice dealing with a Local GMB spammer.... Local Search 2
Jeremy Web Flux Marketing What's the deal with truvista.yellowpages.com? spam? Marketing 2
Yosu Cadilla How do you deal with crappy photos on listings for remote clients? Consultant's Corner 3
B Dentist w/ 6 Possible Locations - How to Deal with Citations? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Yan Gilbert Dealing with New Clients - Accessing Information Question Consultant's Corner 1
L Google Local Duplicates: The Different Types & How to Deal with Them Google Duplicates & Merges 0
Linda Buquet Google Local Duplicates: The Different Types & How to Deal with Them Google Duplicates & Merges 0
H Dealing with a Difficult Client Consultant's Corner 6
Dustybones Got A bad Review? Here Are Some Tips on How to Deal With It Local Reviews 3
M Is it even worth the hassle dealing with a locksmith? Local Search 7
K "Hate us on Yelp" campaign to deal with negative reviews Local Search 11
W Dealing with SERPS guarantees? Consultant's Corner 8
D Dealing With Yellow Pages Adwords Ads Targeting Your Brand Name Marketing 0
Linda Buquet Named & Shamed on Yelp + How Google Maps are Made + Dealing with Fake Reviews Local Search 0
Dustybones MATT CUTTS: Discusses 404 and 410 errors and how Google deals with them. Local Search 0
JoyHawkins Haters and Critics: How to Deal with People Judging You and Your Work Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 4
Linda Buquet How Bad Do YP Ad Deals Suck for Local SEO? Local Search 8
Colan Nielsen Bing Places Duplicates - How To Deal With Them Local Search 0
M Dealing with listings created by third parties (E.g. Yellow Pages) Google My Business & Google Maps 3
A Triple listing mayhem, how to deal with this? Google Duplicates & Merges 4
Adam Triple listing mayhem, how to deal with this? Google Duplicates & Merges 4
Mike Wilton The Real Deal With Yelp Reviews and the Filter Mobile & Social 10
Colan Nielsen How to Deal with SPAM Mod Squad 1
L Moving Locations and Dealing with Local Search Moving or Name Changes 0
Linda Buquet Moving Locations and Dealing with Local Search Moving or Name Changes 0
stankolev What is the maximum number of categories single Google My Business listing can have? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 5
Don Archer Google business listing with 482 Real Review Missing. How do I get them back? Help & Support for Google Local 5
hannahmoen "Work" Replacing Business Name on GMB for Business Owner Help & Support for Google Local 3
Jeffrey Taylor Adding a new category to Google my Business Google My Business & Google Maps 4
BekahBerry Multiple service providers with separate books of business, sharing one office, under one company name - What is the best approach to avoid filtering? Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 8
koji Local business with online nationwide services in a post-corona world Google Local 101 5
RobbertKleijwegt Q&A vanished after adding Products to business profile Google My Business & Google Maps 5
djbaxter Google My Business Bug Dropping SAB Businesses In Independence, Kansas Service Area Businesses 1
rickvidallon How Do You Access The Buttons In Google My Business For Online Services? Local Search 4
NevenaIvanova Removing off-topic reviews posted before the business started operation Local Reviews 8
N What category should be selected for such business in GMB? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
JoyHawkins Get Live Inventory Displayed on Your Google My Business Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 9
Niki Business category does not support more hours Help & Support for Google Local 3
TriciaClements 3 Businesses - how to handle GMB listings for SAB? Google My Business & Google Maps 4