More threads by webjetterr2

webjetterr2

Reaction score
I’m trying to help a friend who has two Google My Business listings and GMB “websites”. He wants everything merged so he can keep the reviews on the duplicate listing. (It’s ok that the duplicate “website” will go away.) Could someone with experience help me answer these 3 questions, please please?

1. How is it that he has TWO listings? He made them both and they have the same title. One has an address (which, by the way, is not current) and 38 reviews, the other has no address and 10 reviews. He doesn't know how to fix it so I asked him to make me manager of both so I can get it straightened out.

He says he doesn’t know how he made the second one. It would have to be another gmail account, isn’t that true?? There’s no way to make two GMB listings under the same account, right? But he says he doesn’t have any other gmail address, not even a personal one. Where could this second GMB listing have been made??

I thought that maybe when he made me manager I could see what’s going on. Nope. I only see the main GMB account with the 38 reviews. This is a mystery.

2. I tried reaching out to GMB support through Sign in - Google Accounts but I got all the way through describing the problem and discovered that I can’t email them because it’s not my account. “You're currently signed in as ____. If this isn't the account associated with your issue, please switch accounts.” So now I’ll have to walk him through the whole process of contacting GMB support by email himself since I have no access to his email account.

Will they merge these two GMB listings if he doesn’t know how to access the duplicate account?

3. Is there any way I can handle this so he doesn’t have to deal with GMB himself?

I’m at my wit’s end, if anyone can help we sure would appreciate it!

Solution
You can have multiple GMB listings with one gmail. I would suggest logging into that account and seeing for yourself how many accounts are in the dashboard. Making you the manager of one listing would only allow you to see that one listing. If his existing account doesn't control the 2nd listing, you should be able to claim it.

GMB support is fairly useless these days. I would first get control over both listings and then reach out and see if they can and will still merge.

You can contact them here:

Give them as much info as you can right away, such as both urls.
You can have multiple GMB listings with one gmail. I would suggest logging into that account and seeing for yourself how many accounts are in the dashboard. Making you the manager of one listing would only allow you to see that one listing. If his existing account doesn't control the 2nd listing, you should be able to claim it.

GMB support is fairly useless these days. I would first get control over both listings and then reach out and see if they can and will still merge.

Solution

Thank you for the explanation and help, Michael! He decided he was ok with losing the 10 reviews on the duplicate listing so all we had to do was delete it. Yay, because that's so much easier. I walked him through over the phone how to delete the duplicate by going to busness.google.com. I thought that would bring him to his dashboard, but it didn't. However, it did let him log into his general Google Account and from there he found the Businesses area and found his listings. He actually had TWO MORE! (These 2 were unpublished/unverified. I'm guessing he started making it and didn't finish and when he went back in it started all over and made another and another.) Anyway, one by one he simply highlighted the listings he needed to get rid of and hit “remove this business”. Within minutes it was all straightened out and just his main listing shows on Google now.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom