More threads by GeoP

GeoP

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a question about removing a duplicate profile on the new Front End layout where edits are now made for Google Business Profile. A few months back you could just "delete duplicate listing" on the Back End and now I'm not sure on how to remove the duplicate listing from the Front End. What are the steps for that? Do I click into the duplicate GBP -> business profile settings -> Remove Business Profile -> remove profile content and managers -> continue? I do not want to remove anything that would remove reviews or info from the actual GBP that we want to keep which has 442 reviews, That is my biggest worry and I'm just reaching out if anyone has removed duplicate profile yet from the new Front End layout and what are the steps to doing that which won't impact the GBP that isn't the duplicate. Thank you!

Screen Shot 2022-12-15 at 1.07.13 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-12-15 at 12.59.25 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-12-15 at 12.59.35 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-12-15 at 12.59.51 PM.jpg

Solution
I did this twice today. I had a location that was pending edits and then I had to reverify the location. After I did the reverify it created a duplicate. You can open the profile that is a duplicate and select remove business profile. Then you can select Remove profile content and managers.

permanently remove.jpg

permanent 1.jpg
I did this twice today. I had a location that was pending edits and then I had to reverify the location. After I did the reverify it created a duplicate. You can open the profile that is a duplicate and select remove business profile. Then you can select Remove profile content and managers.

permanently remove.jpg

permanent 1.jpg

Solution
Hey Claudia,

Thanks so much for the help on this. I removed the duplicate profile just a little bit ago with no problems. I appreciate your help a ton. Another thing that made it more comfortable deleting was that it didn't have the "You manage this Business Profile" on the duplicate GBP like it doesn't on the actual one.

Thanks again

Screen Shot 2022-12-16 at 11.14.13 AM.png

Hey Claudia,

Thanks so much for the help on this. I removed the duplicate profile just a little bit ago with no problems. I appreciate your help a ton. Another thing that made it more comfortable deleting was that it didn't have the "You manage this Business Profile" on the duplicate GBP like it doesn't on the actual one.

Thanks again

Screen Shot 2022-12-16 at 11.14.13 AM.png

Awesome to hear. Anytime

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom