More threads by Vincent_Bakker

Reaction score
Hi All,

Little bit of an odd question. One of my clients is currently located in a business centre. He worked out an idea to build a tiny office in his garden of his own house. The building process of that tiny office is already started and making progress (I don't know if it is a good idea to do so, but that aside).

The previous owner of the property did blur the street view option in Google Maps: Google Maps

When the new office is completed, the address of the business in GMB will chance. But it will be changed to a blurred location. Within maps we've already reported the issue. But we didn't get any response. Is there another way to get a location unblurred on Maps?

Hope someone knows another posibility.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Vincent,

I checked with a Google Maps Product Expert and they said there isn't anything you can do since its a residential address.

Hi Colan,

Thank you for your reply and checking for me.
The address we're talking about is his own residential address.

Could it be helpful to add some additional information about the owner in the ticket?

Hey Vincent, you could try. One thing I have learned about Google over the years is that there is often more then one way to get to a resolution. Persistence can pay off.

With that said, the PE I spoke with was pretty confident that this would be a hard no since we are dealing with a residential address that had a specific request to add the blur.

I believe it is not possible, see below the reporting form on Google Maps:

1636018206071.png

Hi All,

Little bit of an odd question. One of my clients is currently located in a business centre. He worked out an idea to build a tiny office in his garden of his own house. The building process of that tiny office is already started and making progress (I don't know if it is a good idea to do so, but that aside).

The previous owner of the property did blur the street view option in Google Maps: Google Maps

When the new office is completed, the address of the business in GMB will chance. But it will be changed to a blurred location. Within maps we've already reported the issue. But we didn't get any response. Is there another way to get a location unblurred on Maps?

Hope someone knows another posibility.

Thanks in advance!
Just erect a signage on the curb where the grass grows. The signage with the blurred background will create an aura of mystery which may arouse potential clients to call / visit this business.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom