Reaction score
Today's Blog Post:

Hug Your (Online Review) Haters:
Tips From Jay Baer's Best Selling Book

1.jpg

Hug Your (Online Review) Haters: Tips From Jay Baer's Best Selling Book

"Hug Your Haters" will change the way your businesses approaches customer service.

Jay Baer has written one of the most important and useful books on customer service for our current age.

“Important” because Baer presents counter-intuitive insights that will transform the way brands and business owners think about the role of customer service in their success and their survival.

“Useful” because he distills these insights into axioms that brands and business owners can enact today to turn customer service into a bigger driver of business success than product quality or marketing dollars.

In this post, I’ll give you a quick take on the insights and axioms that make this book a must-read for anyone responsible for a brand or business.

Discussion Question:

How are your clients adding Social Media, Forum, and Online Review Site Customer Service to their business? Or are they?

How do you think Customer Service will change in the future with all of the new public facing channels becoming increasingly important to consumers?

If you found the blog post interesting, please share it with anyone that you think would find it valuable on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or your social media channel of choice!

Don't hesitate to reach out if you ever want to discuss reputation management and if you have any requests for topics that we can cover on the Grade.us blog.

Please follow Grade.us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn!

Thank you for taking the time to read our blog!

1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Thanks Garrett!

I've heard so much about this book! Either it's really really good word Jay is the master of PR - because it seems everyone's talking about it.

Can't wait to read your post Garrett, and I hope some people will weigh in.
You always ask such great questions to get the conversation going!

Reaction score
Thank you Linda! Jay is a very smart individual. He has a great and easy to consume writing style as well.

I hope you enjoy the post and find some useful info in there!

Reaction score
That's a great post Garrett, I might have to grab a copy of that myself. That's definitely something I talk with clients and friends about, and it's something I see fairly regularly in the GMB forum as well... how to respond to reviews, especially negative reviews. I haven't seen this as much with friends and clients, but on the GMB forum it's not unusual to see a business owner with a competitor or an upset ex employee leaving an angry message, and going off the handle on them publicly is a terrible way to endear new customers. This is a good article to cover that, I'll save this for posting when that comes up.

I hadn't seen that review checking tool at grade.us yet either, that's a useful tool. Good stuff.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Vicky Trainor Which Category for Online Stores (eg Pet Supply Store) NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 8
djbaxter Webinar The State of Online Reviews in 2021 - January 14th at 2pm EST Events 0
djbaxter The Online Companies That Know the Most About You Mobile & Social 0
J Online Care SERP Feature - How to Be Included Google Local 101 5
F Optimizing for local and online - broader areas? Local Search 0
Adam C. Online Scheduling Recommendations - Contractors Google My Business & Google Maps 1
M "Online Care" icon on 3 pack listing: How to get it? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
abbiebeltran Define Service Options Attribute - Online Appointments NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 1
djbaxter Attend SMX June 23-24 online… for free Events 0
StephanieNewton Local Search Clinic with Phil Rozek (Online Reviews) Local Reviews 1
CarrieHill Get Online Care link showing up on Healthcare listings Google My Business & Google Maps 2
JoyHawkins Google My Business Adds a New Contact Form for Restaurants to Remove Online Ordering Google News: Important Changes & Features 0
djbaxter Extra visitors online details for Admins Admin Stuff 1
JoyHawkins Advanced Local SEO Training Now Available Online LSF News and Announcements 0
JoyHawkins Digital Marketing for Attorneys Online Summit Events 0
Susan AWESOME new tool to score online reviews from Whitespark Local Reviews 2
S How does online calculator help marketers? Recycle Bin 1
Garrett Sussman Is it Easier to Sell Review Management Online or IRL?? Local Reviews 0
PaulSteinbrueck Contribute a tip about online reviews? Contact Us Messages 0
Garrett Sussman 6 Ways Online Reviews Help Businesses Internally Local Reviews 4
rosie.brightlocal New BrightLocal data: Online Reputation Management Survey Local Reviews 2
Garrett Sussman Building the Perfect Online Listing in the Hospitality Industry Local Reviews 0
djbaxter Google My Business: Looking Good Online with GMB Photos Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Garrett Sussman Reverse Engineering The Perfect Online Reviews Local Reviews 2
Garrett Sussman How To Share Online Reviews Proactively Using Social Media Local Reviews 2
vivekrpatel Online Reputation & Google My Business Page Local Search 4
Garrett Sussman 4 Contract Templates for Online Review Management Services Local Reviews 2
Garrett Sussman How To Prove the ROI of Online Review Management Local Reviews 8
Garrett Sussman What You Need to Know: Online Review Management and Marketing in 2018 Local Reviews 2
Garrett Sussman 3 Strategies For Prospecting Online Review Management Clients Local Reviews 2
Garrett Sussman How To Sell Online Review Management To Enterprises and Franchises Local Reviews 3
vivekrpatel How do I promote a website online for a specific city audience to generate sales? Local Search 0
Garrett Sussman How To Get Business Owner Buy-in For Online Review Management Local Reviews 2
Garrett Sussman An Online Review Playbook For Service Area Businesses Local Reviews 0
Garrett Sussman The Difference in Value of Feedback: Surveys and Online Reviews Local Reviews 2
Garrett Sussman How To Pull Meaningful Insights From Product Mentions in Online Reviews Local Reviews 2
Garrett Sussman Agency or DIY? The Value Proposition of Online Reviews Local Reviews 4
Garrett Sussman What Does Snapchat?s New Context Cards Mean for Online Reviews? Local Reviews 0
Garrett Sussman How to Encourage Customers to Use Keywords in their Online Reviews Local Reviews 2
Garrett Sussman 5 More Unique Email Templates for Requesting Online Reviews Local Reviews 4
Garrett Sussman Online Review Challenges for the Small Business: Low Customer Volume Local Reviews 2
Garrett Sussman Mapping the Local Online Review Strategy That Every B2B Needs Local Reviews 9
Garrett Sussman 3 Analogies for Pitching Online Review Marketing and Management Local Reviews 2
Garrett Sussman How to Hire Support Employees that Guarantee Positive Online Reviews Local Reviews 5
Garrett Sussman How to Flag Questionable Online Reviews on Google, Facebook, and Yelp Local Reviews 2
Garrett Sussman 4 Major Barriers Preventing Your Happy Customers From Writing Positive Online Reviews Local Reviews 0
Garrett Sussman Tapping into the Loyalty Program for Glowing Online Reviews Local Reviews 2
M dollarsincome.com online job user money screenshot Recycle Bin 0
M investments online Recycle Bin 1
Garrett Sussman 4 Steps for Pitching Online Review Management Prospects Local Reviews 0