More threads by leigh.trask

leigh.trask

Reaction score
Hi Team!

I'm reaching out to the community to gather insights on a concern our client is facing regarding Google's recent update to Google Maps. This update appears to limit the number of attorneys displayed who reside in the same office building.

Our client, a prominent law firm, is considering opening a new office. However, they are worried about the implications of sharing a building with other law firms, despite having their own floor.

Given their status as the largest and most well-known firm in the building, should they look for a building without other attorneys to avoid potential visibility issues? Or would their prominence mitigate any negative impact from this update?

We'd appreciate any experiences, opinions, or insights you might have on this matter.

Thank you, and hopeful to hear your responses!

Best,
Leigh

They should 100% look for a building without other attorneys to avoid potential filtering issues - especially attorneys in the same category as them (personal injury, criminal etc). Their prominence might mitigate SOME of the impact, and they may show up more than other attorneys, but not always, and thus finding a location with no other attorneys would be best from a Google map visibility perspective.

The local filter has been around for a while, so it's not a recent update Is Your Google My Business Listing Getting Filtered? - Sterling Sky Inc

They should 100% look for a building without other attorneys to avoid potential filtering issues - especially attorneys in the same category as them (personal injury, criminal etc). Their prominence might mitigate SOME of the impact, and they may show up more than other attorneys, but not always, and thus finding a location with no other attorneys would be best from a Google map visibility perspective.

The local filter has been around for a while, so it's not a recent update Is Your Google My Business Listing Getting Filtered? - Sterling Sky Inc

Thank you so much Elizabeth! Super insightful. The team and I really appreciate you and the anyone else who decides to provide any feedback =)

Have a wonderful rest of the week, and a great 4th of July extended weekend next week!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom