More threads by BriannaGannettLocal

Reaction score
We just took over managing a prior claimed Google Places Account for a client. In the account there are 2 listings being managed: The first is currently displayed and seems to be running fine. The second listing is a duplicate that is 'In Review.' The Duplicate listing has an issue with the Name as well as part of the address.

I'm not sure how to take care of this issue without getting the entire account suspended. I was wondering if someone could advise me on this issue.

Thanks!

Hi Brianna,

Any chance you can share a screenshot of the dashboard?

Any way you slice it it's against Google's Quality Guidelines to have two claimed listings for the same business. Especially in the same account.

You need to remove one of the listings from the account by clicking on delete and then selecting - "[SIZE=-1]Remove this listing from my Google Places account."

​By the sounds of it you shouldn't have trouble deciding which one to remove.[/SIZE]

Any way you slice it it's against Google's Quality Guidelines to have two claimed listings for the same business. Especially in the same account.

You need to remove one of the listings from the account by clicking on delete and then selecting - "[SIZE=-1]Remove this listing from my Google Places account."

[/SIZE]

I just wanted to verify. Last time I did that with another client of a similar situation, the account got suspended, so I wanted to make sure I didn't suspend this client...

After I delete it out of the account, do I need to report it to Google, or just leave it alone?

Thank you for your help!

It depends if there is a live version of the duplicate listing. If a live G+ Local duplicate exists, you should use Report a Problem or the Troubleshooter to report it.

But don't draw any attention to the account until you remove the duplicate.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom