More threads by Lizzie.L

Lizzie.L

Reaction score
I have a client who is a new community builder and wanted to create Google My Business pages for each community, but then ran into a challenge:
  1. I have to choose an initial address (one of their staffed model homes in each community) to associate with the GMB page which I'll then set up as a SAB and hide the address. Is there a way to update the "hidden" address in GMB if the model home is eventually sold later down the road?

Improving my earlier question with more information:

I'm working with a client that is a land developer that wants GMB listings for each of their communities. They do not build the houses, they manage the communities.

I want to set up listings with a hidden address and just a service area for each community (i,e, Community Name | Brand Name Of Builder). However, I don't know what to use as a hidden address. I've come across a few problems:
  1. If I use a show home address and the home is sold then there's no way of updating it to another one.
  2. Some communities don't have any active show homes.
What is the best course of action to set up a community listing with a hidden address for a land developer?

Is there a specific reason you're worried about not being able to change the address later? In my experience, you can typically change an address within a zipcode without any problems or needing to reverify. If you plan to set up a listing before your show home is actively staffed, make sure you follow 'coming soon' best practices.

Is there a specific reason you're worried about not being able to change the address later? In my experience, you can typically change an address within a zipcode without any problems or needing to reverify. If you plan to set up a listing before your show home is actively staffed, make sure you follow 'coming soon' best practices.

I'd be worried that If someone were to purchase the show home how would the company move it to another show home? As well, if they had to reverify the listing (by postcard) it would go to the new person's home.

Are any of these communities going to have a clubhouse or public park space? If they do, you could set up your listing on that location. I live in an area with a lot of new housing developments going up so I took a look at what those builders have done. The majority set up their listings on the show homes and didn't even hide the addresses. If you hide the address on yours you'll be a step ahead.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom