More threads by sarmcl

sarmcl

Solutions
Reaction score
Our client had their old CEO pulling into their GMB page. The link was going to a page on their site where the information was. I told the client service person to change the information out to the correct CEo but rather than do that they killed the page and it goes to a 404 error

My question is---once Google scrapes that page again, shouldnt Troy Cannaday be removed from the knowledge panel? How often does Google scrape sites?

1629725307601.png

My question is---once Google scrapes that page again, shouldnt Troy Cannaday be removed from the knowledge panel? How often does Google scrape sites?
You would think that Google would remove it once they recrawl the page but if they don't, you can always contact GMB support and ask them to remove it.

Still running into issues on this. The client service team removed the bad page that had to old CEO's name on it and Google was using to apparently show this info. They redirected it to a new page but Google keeps showing the CEO on the knowledge panel. We cant get anyone from support to respond. Also, we can ONLY edit the CEO if we are NOT logged into their dashboard(Yes you read that right). So when I clear out the CEOS name within the edit and leave it blank--it still wont take

1631646776709.png

When you're submitting the edit, you're using the "submit feedback" at the bottom of the Knowledge Panel right?

If you tried regular GMB support and they didn't get back to you, I'd post on the GMB forum.

When you're submitting the edit, you're using the "submit feedback" at the bottom of the Knowledge Panel right?

If you tried regular GMB support and they didn't get back to you, I'd post on the GMB forum.
Correct! Did that. Removed his name. But they wont remove it. Ill try the forum. Thanks Joy!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom