More threads by ElizabethRule

ElizabethRule

Administrator
Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Like many I've run into management issues with Apple Business Connect and find that support rarely offers much help, until today where they actually provided some insights I thought I would share. We had an issue where our Apples Maps listing is marked "permanently closed", despite it being claimed and marked open on the back end. Today they informed us that the business address and hours should be present on the business website, social media, and 3rd party sites like Yelp in order to mitigate and fix listing issues like this. Makes sense for sure, and happy to see Apple finally providing some insights into common issues like this !!

screenshot_2024-05-13_at_9.25.38_am.jpg

@ElizabethRule Thanks for sharing this! I personally have found it surprising/refreshing that Apple responds in a very timely and professional manner to Support Requests regarding Apple Business Connect. It is not often that we have to contact them, but when we do, they've been easy to work with.

Thank you for this information, @ElizabethRule (and the link @JeffClevelandTN)! Seems like a bit of a head scratcher to me to mark a business as "Permanently closed" just because they don't list their hours on their website. :unsure: But at least we have a bit of insight into fixing it now.

Seems like a bit of a head scratcher to me to mark a business as "Permanently closed" just because they don't list their hours on their website. :unsure: But at least we have a bit of insight into fixing it now.

They also scrape data from 3rd party sites and social media, so I think if they cannot verify that a business is actually open from some or all of these sources, they default to permanently closed. What is extra annoying is if the business owner marks the location "open" in the backend of a claimed listing, you'd think it would overwrite that system - but support here is saying that's not the case!

@ElizabethRule Thanks for sharing this! I personally have found it surprising/refreshing that Apple responds in a very timely and professional manner to Support Requests regarding Apple Business Connect. It is not often that we have to contact them, but when we do, they've been easy to work with.

We are definitely seeing better support answers from Apple these days, compared to when they first launched ABC. I think they are working to improve their support communication, which is a great sign for business owners everywhere :)

I have seen that “permanently closed” is also applied to spam listings that shouldn’t be listed at all.

IMG_2271.jpeg

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom