More threads by mikepcservice

Reaction score
Hey guys, if there are separate pages for each of the services on a service provider's website, is there a need for a dedicated Services page linking to each of the services pages please as I am thinking this might be unnecessary and redundant and not add anything to enhance SEO?

I have seen some top ranking websites which does not have a services page, when you hover over their 'Service' tab it expands to show each service page.

Each page on your site should aim to target a specific and unique keyword, if the goal is to maximize the SEO value of said page. So if the dedicated services page doesn't have a unique keyword to target, you likely do not need it for SEO. However, sometimes pages serve a purpose beyond SEO, like to clearly explain to users all the services you offer. If you have an individual page for every service, and they are in the main nav, you maybe don't need a dedicated services page. I would add a section to the homepage talking about all the services and linking to those pages though, as the internal links are important.

Thank you very much. That is exactly how my sites are setup, with separate blocks on Home page with each block linking to it's corresponding page.

Each page on your site should aim to target a specific and unique keyword, if the goal is to maximize the SEO value of said page. So if the dedicated services page doesn't have a unique keyword to target, you likely do not need it for SEO. However, sometimes pages serve a purpose beyond SEO, like to clearly explain to users all the services you offer. If you have an individual page for every service, and they are in the main nav, you maybe don't need a dedicated services page. I would add a section to the homepage talking about all the services and linking to those pages though, as the internal links are important.

🙏

Maybe for CRO. Sometimes a well designed services page converts more sales. Especially in IT or any business where the services are complicated. Giving a birds eye view conversion path to clients who prefer that is never a bad idea.

For SEO? No. Definitely not necessary.

A well-optimized Services page can improve your website's SEO by targeting relevant keywords related to your services and providing internal links to individual service pages. This can help search engines better understand the structure of your website and improve its overall visibility in search results.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom