More threads by thebizguy

thebizguy

Reaction score
I am located in Kansas City MO and this company called Able Appliance Repair is really hurting my business by putting up 22 fake listings. Granted the one in overland park is their real office but they're taking up so much space on the map pack its so hard to compete with them. I have reported them a few times but nothing seems to work. Here are the screenshots! I just don't see how they can get away with it in such a small area. They are not using addresses on most of them they're just location based. Any help would be appreciated!

able appliance 1.jpg

able 2.jpg

That appears to be in violation of Google’s TOS. If you tried using suggest an edit to remove them?

This violates a couple of Google Guidelines. I've included screengrabs of the ones I believe are applicable to fake listings.

Here is a really great article from SEL: Millions of fake Google Maps listings hurt real business and consumers
__________________________________________________________________________________________________
1649944686508.jpg

Image source: Google Guidelines: Prohibited and Restricted Content
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
1649944853822.jpg

Image source: Google Guidelines for representing your business on Google

This violates a couple of Google Guidelines. I've included screengrabs of the ones I believe are applicable to fake listings.

Here is a really great article from SEL: Millions of fake Google Maps listings hurt real business and consumers
__________________________________________________________________________________________________
1649944686508.jpg

Image source: Google Guidelines: Prohibited and Restricted Content
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
1649944853822.jpg

Image source: Google Guidelines for representing your business on Google

I am but you link to the content review TOS, which has nothing to do with fake lead generation business profiles.

What needed to you needed to link to is this.

I am but you link to the content review TOS, which has nothing to do with fake lead generation business profiles.

What needed to you needed to link to is this.

Hi Key, I provided links to several articles to illustrate my point. Google doesn't like fake and deceptive content.

Hi Key, I provided links to several articles to illustrate my point. Google doesn't like fake and deceptive content.

I am trying to assist you with the link to the policy for lead generation since it is directly related to the question.

I DMed you and I look forward to helping you get these guys off the map pro bono. :)

@WesMichy I was wondering if maybe you can help me as well. I have been fighting spam for a while and enjoy it, it usually goes very well. But every once in a while I will find a listing that won’t budge, and I don’t know why. I am working on one right now, there is a real listing and then a secondary listing that should be taken down.

Real listing:
Smart Solutions · 475 Central Ave 2 fl, Jersey City, NJ 07307
Secondary listing:
Smart Solutions LLC · 36 A Melmore Gardens, East Orange, NJ 07017

The secondary listing uses the same business name, phone number, and website. The location is a residential apartment, not open for business, no signage, etc. The 2 locations are within 20 minutes of each other and serve the same service area. I also see foul play in regards to the reviews.

I have used the redressal form times many times, included a lot of information, but for some reason this one sticks. This has become my white whale lol…

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom