aputtock

Reaction score
Hey community! 😎

I have a case where a business does vehicle wrapping. Their workspace (and GMB listing) are set up in a Storage Unit.

I ALWAYS advise against this, but when I reviewed the GMB policy guidelines, there is no mention of a Storage Unit NOT being against the rules.

This particular client DOES service his customers out of that location. They come to him.

Is he still breaking the rules? I would say not. Wondering if anyone has any expertise they would be willing to share 😋

Thanks all!

aputtock

Reaction score
The client has been hard to reach but these are excellent points to bring up. He has been unable to provide any proof of business thus far.

Reaction score
I can't authoritatively speak to Google's end, but I work in the self-storage space and would advise against this, at least without speaking to the management of the facility. Some storage companies will terminate the lease of anyone who sets up a business listing using their address. They don't want their addresses to be polluted with multiple business listings. They may be at a place that doesn't care, but especially if they're renting out of a large chain facility, they should make efforts to get the OK before even considering it.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Nicole Basham Can a storage facility be used for a GMB listing? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Annika Neudecker Google pulling in storage facility access hours Google My Business & Google Maps 3
J Local SEO within Self-Storage Industry Contact Us Messages 1
Matt Casady Will Top Storage Citation Sources Cause NAP Issues? Citations 7
djbaxter How To Keep Your OneDrive Free Storage at 15GB Websites, Software, and Security 1
JoshuaMackens Client in Airports Across the United States Google My Business & Google Maps 0
360 Spin Top Citation Sources in the United States, Canada, UK and Australia Citations 1
Linda Buquet Google Shakeup: Mapping & Commerce Unit Splits, Jeff Huber Moves On Google My Business & Google Maps 5
A Question about Unit Numbers and Address Lines in Places NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 8
Andrew Forster Question about Unit Numbers and Address Lines in Places NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 8
djbaxter How The Web is Really Built Websites, Software, and Security 0
Marty Twelves Local links: are they really that much better? Local Search 1
S Really bad GMB reviews, options? Google My Business & Google Maps 7
Colan Nielsen Google Really Pushing Competitor Listings on Knowledge Panels and Branded Searches Google News: Important Changes & Features 4
rhealyn Is it really about relevance? Local listing update. Local Search 3
Rich Owings Are unrelated categories really the kiss of death? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 6
H Google My Business Bulk - Really backed up???? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
C Who REALLY Knows How Much "Optimization" Is Just Wheel Spinning Google My Business & Google Maps 10
P Really long business & domain name with articles in it, what should we do? Local Search 5
J Does adding an SSL really boost ranking ? Local Search 17
stryker Google picked up a really weird title from my new website. Local Search 3
S Will the SSL Deadline by Google in October Really Be A Factor in Rankings? Local Search 18
JoshuaMackens Ranking for a City When You're in the City But Not Really Local Search 11
Gsmithmike Different websites under one IP is it really a bad practice? Local Search 2
DGDMarketing Really Need The Experts On This One :( Help & Support for Google Local 2
Gsmithmike How to really remove these Spammy local pages Local Search 3
360 Spin Scaling Geo-Targeted Local Landing Pages That Really Rank and Convert Local Search 0
Linda Buquet Can we Really Ditch Ranking Reports due to Pigeon? Local Search 13
Linda Buquet Did the CEO of Yodle Really Just Say That? Re: Local Reviews Advice? Local Reviews 3
M I Really Want the New Places Dashboard Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Linda Buquet If Google Was a Guy - Funny Video - But Google Local is Really a SHE Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 6
djbaxter What Google does with duplicate content: Nothing really Organic SEO 5
Chris_Gregory How much does cheap SEO really cost? Consultant's Corner 0
G How Many F Bombs Can you Drop on Google When you are Really Really Mad? Google My Business & Google Maps 11
Linda Buquet How the Google Local Algo Really Works - What Rules the Ranking Order Google My Business & Google Maps 29
MiriamEllis How Much Does Sheer Review Count Really Matter? Local Reviews 6
L Can I really do anything about local search cheaters? Spam on Google 5
Colan Nielsen This Guy Really Annoys Me Mod Squad 1
Optimize Prime A REALLY cool way to get your Google+ page to stand out! Google My Business & Google Maps 8
G Top Listing For These Sites? Really? How? Ranking Puzzles 9
G Top Listing For These Sites? Really? How? Ranking Puzzles 9
Linda Buquet Is Google Local Really this Broken? Who's in Charge? What's the Solution? Google My Business & Google Maps 14
MiriamEllis Is G+ Local Sentiment Analysis Worth A Hang? Really? Local Search 4
Jo Shaer Not really Places related but hope someone can help Local Search 1
Colan Nielsen Really Surprised by a Google Employee Response Local Search 5