More threads by C!Note

C!Note

Reaction score
So we have a fairly large client that covers lots of cities, they have lots of Google Ads campaigns, groups and landing pages.
When we started to create Sitelinks extensions(about us, contact us, etc) to go to their main site (which doesn't convert well),
It occurred to use that maybe we should create new pages for About, Contact, etc in the landing page area.
So if we do that, we are effectively creating a micro site once they all get linked together.
Which i don't think is such a bad idea, but wondered what others thought or if anyone else has experience with creating a micro site for just Google Ads?

Thanks!

I'm having a hard time visualizing what you're referring to. Is the About Us page for PPC only or would it also be indexed? What would the URL format be?

Don't run paid traffic to a site that can't convert. Either fix the main site's conversion problem or don't put sitelinks to those pages. Check your extension reports to see what percentage of clicks are going to the sitelinks. You'd be better off creating another landing page that converts better but still gives the same info the user is looking for (add an about section to a landing page that could covert).

If we're only talking about paid ads, then the traffic never actually needs to go to the main site. It could all be landing pages through a builder like Unbounce or Leadpages.

Strategy all depends on the client industry & needs though. If the client's site can't convert well and you're not getting paid to fix that conversion problem, then i'd probably opt to send traffic to a subdomain built up with a landing page builder like one I mentioned above.

When we look at paid traffic strategies, it's all about getting that traffic to convert. If you're paying to send people to a page that can't convert, then you just wasted that spend.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom