- Sep 16, 2018
- Reaction score
I found a GBP in my client's niche that is clearly a lead generating site and therefore does not qualify for a business listing. I plan to fill out the redressal form, but wanted to get opinions on whether I have enough information for a case, or if there's an area I should dig deeper. Are these findings all relevant?
- All reviews are from the past 3 weeks; all reviewer profiles are marked private so you can't see their other reviews; and all but one of them only have 2 reviews to their account
- I scanned the listing with the Transparency for Chrome extension (from The Transparency Company) and it came back suspicious (for some of the same reasons listed above)
- On our state business registration site, there is no business by this name registered in our state
- Their 'service area' page lists local landmarks and they don't match the city they are advertising service in. Our city is in Illinois, and the landmarks (when I Googled them) appear to be in Texas. The service areas listed are not in our area either. I'm guessing this is an oversight as this page was probably copied.
- The gallery page of their work is all stock photos - I actually recognize some of them from stock photo sites
- The website is only 2 months old
- I'm not sure the address is legit - it's in a shopping complex, but I don't think it's an actual suite number (I'd probably drive by to verify before stating this one) and they definitely do not have a store front