Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
MozLearning.gif

I bet I get asked 25 times a month if I have a beginner course for learning Google Local and Local SEO.
I don't. I only teach Advanced G+ Local Training to those that already have hands on experience and are ready to reach the next level of success.

But I've looked long and hard for a good beginner course to refer people to and have not found one.
Not one that's step-by-step on the basics of doing Local SEO and all the ins and outs of setting up and managing Google My Business listings.

But there is an excellent FREE resource out there that I think many are not aware of.

Whether you are just learning local search or are an old pro, I think there is something for everyone at the Moz Local Learning Center!

The Moz Local Learning Center was developed by David Mihm and Miriam Ellis. I think they've done an amazing job of laying out lots of great content on a very complicated topic!

I know many of you reading this are experienced consultants that have already taken my training and already know all this stuff. But there are great articles and videos that may be good for your clients or new prospects that want to understand a little more about how all this works. PLUS some of the info is advanced enough that even you old pros will get something out of it! :p

So head over and dig in. Be sure to check out the videos in the Academy as they are really good too and feature pros like Mike Blumenthal, David Mihm and several others.

Overview and main sections

Moz Local Learning Center

Moz Academy Local (Where the videos are)

I personally think this resource is sort of a hidden treasure. I've been wanting to share it for a long time. Plus also needed a post to summarize it for everyone that asks me the best way to start learning about local search. Additionally I've been trying to build up the 101 part of the forum, so this is perfect.

Happy reading, watching and learning!

What do you think? Have you looked at Moz Local Learning lately, or is it new to you???

<meta property="og:type" content="article"><meta property="og:title" content=""><meta property="og:description" content="">
<meta property="og:image" content="">

MozLearning.gif

Reaction score
Hi Linda!
How wonderful to see this in your forum. I'm very happy to think you would send folks over to our learning center for an intro to local search. I'll definitely share this with David, as well. We really appreciate it! And I can't tell you how often I send folks your way to get the scoop on developing issues :) The admiration is mutual, my friend!

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Awww, thanks Miriam. So impressed with all the info you guys have assembled
and always happy to share!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Margaret Ornsby Google deep learning and the local algo Google My Business & Google Maps 4
djbaxter What We Learned From A “Google Only” Marketing Approach Local Search 1
Ellen Tutorial for Learning Google My Business API? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
JoyHawkins Want to Learn More about Google Maps/Google My Business? Read This! Google My Business & Google Maps 19
Dustybones Understanding Google's future of Deep Learning: Whiteboard Friday Local Search 0
Linda Buquet Google Recounts GMB Mistakes and 5 Lessons Google Learned About Selling to SMBs Consultant's Corner 1
Colan Nielsen Best Resources To Learn About Google Analytics? Local Search 8
M This location has been suspended due to quality issues. Learn more Contact Us Messages 1
G Cleaning Up Spam Listings, Anything I Can Learn in the Process? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
D Multilanguage Learning Chat bot with multi-level logic Recycle Bin 0
Linda Buquet Important Lessons Learned: If you HAD to Start Over WHAT would you do Differently? Consultant's Corner 15
djbaxter The WordPress Security Learning Center from Wordfence Websites, Software, and Security 3
Upstager Couple Questions - Best Ways to Learn Local SEO? Google Local 101 3
Dustybones Learning From The Manual Action Penalty Placed On Thumbtack Organic SEO 5
Linda Buquet ▶ Learn Local SEO Fast Video - The Bestest Funnest Webinar by Greg Gifford Local Search 4
Linda Buquet 10 Things I Learned About Local SEO In 2014 - Andrew Shotland Local Search 0
Linda Buquet 3 Local SEO Secrets Learned Over Time - Radical Mustache Local Search 3
Linda Buquet 50 Local SEO Lessons Phil Learned from 50 Local SEO Clients Local Search 1
cleverlyengaged Advice on Landmarks/POI/Unclaimed Google Map Locations? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
R What steps should I take to get my suspended and denied Google My business approved? Help & Support for Google Local 0
Jac Google My business Photos - Uploaded but not reflecting on contribution page Google My Business & Google Maps 1
AndySimpson Google My Business Opening Date - What Date Should You Use? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Lanerizz Google Analytics 4 Organic SEO 1
M Google Local Services Ads - Lack of Leads Paid Search and Local Service Ads 14
rustybrick Google Local ranking update? Google Algorithm Discussions 11
harmony How Does Google Choose Service Options in a Review? Local Reviews 6
abbiebeltran Google Reviews Now Have 'Service-Testimonial-Tags' at the Top Local Reviews 1
Tim Colling I'm getting calls from "Google Maps" at 650-206-5555, asking about clients' hours - are they legit? Google My Business & Google Maps 14
JoshuaMackens Google Posts & Ranking Local Search 10
A Listing suspended due to account manager spamming? Google advise to create new GMB Local Search 13
djbaxter Webinar Get together with Google Search at Search Central Live - February 23, 2021 Events 0
djbaxter Google Maps Removed 55M Reviews & 3M Fake Business Profiles Spam on Google 2
Professor M Google slapped in France over misleading hotel star ratings Google News: Important Changes & Features 0
D Google Spam Fighting Question Google My Business & Google Maps 6
C Fake google reviews on google my business Contact Us Messages 2
U Google showing location of Service Area Business Service Area Businesses 2
Lluc Google launches Years in Business in Search Google My Business & Google Maps 3
PaulSteinbrueck Average Google rating no longer in Google Knowledge Panel? Local Reviews 8
Professor M Is Google thinking of adding payment capabilities to GMB listings/website? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
NickB-Tampa How can I unsync Google My Business from my Bing Places listings? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
D Google "Find Results on" Error Local Search 3
F Turkish post: Google My Business local seo Recycle Bin 0
D Google Maps, Years in Business Google My Business & Google Maps 4
H Google COVID 19 posts getting suspended Google My Business & Google Maps 2
F Google My Business local seo Google Local 101 3
Vickyboli Google maps pin misplaced Google My Business & Google Maps 6
M Google rule for collecting reviews from a dedicated tablet inside a store ? Local Reviews 8
djbaxter Google on Interstitial Ads: Do what we say, not what we do Organic SEO 0
djbaxter Google Posts No Longer Expire After Seven Days Google My Business & Google Maps 5
B Discrepancy in Google SERP Info Local Reviews 2