KevinJr

Reaction score
What's your thoughts on "Liking" the review your customer left? I say yes, it's OK to do it from the GMB account of the business. What say you???

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
@KevinJr, I've never had any problems in "liking" reviews - of my business or of clients' businesses. (Not that I do it habitually or anything.)

The reviews aren't more likely to get filtered. Probably the only areas of payoff are (1) "optics" and (2) possibly that those reviews may show up near the top when a customer sorts the reviews by "Most Relevant."

KevinJr

Reaction score
Thx Phil & Joy,

Agreed it could be useless in SEO/Ranking, but that's not my intent, I reply to every review and think the reviewer would be impressed to see a "Like" on his/her review. Thus demonstrating good will and repeat business.

As far as time, it's only a second to Like as I'm replying or have an intern do it.

No wrong answers, :)

KJr

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Steve Attarian Has anyone had luck removing a Review by a non customer that gave one star because she noticed that the staff didn't wear masks when she walked by? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Eoghan_MFeed Great customer review we pulled in for a client Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 0
S 1-star review (not by customer) Can this be removed? Local Reviews 9
T Will GMB consider a review placed by a customer who was taken to court for a Judgement recovered by the business as Spam or Fake Comment? Local Reviews 1
L Big Drop in the number of new reviews made by customers Local Reviews 1
djbaxter Bank employee gives customer's business negative Google Review after frustrating phone call Local Reviews 1
rickvidallon Replying to Customer Reviews on GMB Google My Business & Google Maps 27
cleverlyengaged Multiple reviews from customers are not displaying on client's GMB profile. Nothing for 9 months. Local Reviews 6
Cordell Crowley New? Google Auto-Generating "Suggested Post" w/ Customer Review Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Oliver Keates Should I be encouraging customers to leave a review on GMB Local Search 10
Garrett Sussman How To Get Your Unhappy Customers To Change a Bad Review Local Reviews 2
Garrett Sussman Senior Citizen Reviews: Getting Amazing Reviews From Low-Tech Customers Local Reviews 2
Garrett Sussman How to Encourage Customers to Use Keywords in their Online Reviews Local Reviews 2
Garrett Sussman Online Review Challenges for the Small Business: Low Customer Volume Local Reviews 2
Digitaldar Can Customers Change Their Google Review of a Business? Local Search 1
C Abusive customer review Local Reviews 7
Garrett Sussman 4 Major Barriers Preventing Your Happy Customers From Writing Positive Online Reviews Local Reviews 0
Garrett Sussman Are You Losing 5 Star Reviews to Hidden Customer Expectations? Local Reviews 2
Garrett Sussman How to Build Customer Personas Using Online Reviews Local Reviews 0
Garrett Sussman 5 Types of Phrases in Online Reviews that Create Customer Distrust Local Reviews 0
kbone Redirecting Customers to Google Rating/Review Box... Local Reviews 0
L What strategies do you use to increase customer reviews on your client's Google page? Local Reviews 8
Garrett Sussman 9 Customer Service Hacks to Win Rave Reviews Local Reviews 4
Garrett Sussman Look Beyond the Stars (Your Customers Do) - The Value of Review Written Content Local Reviews 4
billbean Best Responses to Negative Customer Reviews Local Reviews 9
Linda Buquet Say What? Google Says Don't add Review Markup to your Customer Reviews? Google My Business & Google Maps 9
Linda Buquet 25 Customer Review Nuggets You Can Use to Build your Local Business - Rozek Local Reviews 2
Dustybones 12 guidelines every customer should follow when writing reviews Local Search 3
Dino Customer Review Study from Unbounce Local Reviews 2
Linda Buquet 60 Page Marketer's Guide to Customer Reviews | Grade.us Local Reviews 3
Chris Ratchford Review Strategy/Questionnaire... discover your customers who leave reviews Local Search 2
Travis Van Slooten Contractor Sues Customer for $750,000 for Leaving a Negative Review on Yelp! Local Search 5
L Google would object or detect incentivized reviews from actual customers? Local Search 4
Colan Nielsen NEW Claim your listing on BrightLocal's Agency Directory: Get in front of relevant customers and win leads LSF News and Announcements 1
djbaxter How To Use the new noindex and force redirect custom addon for threads Admin Stuff 0
djbaxter Testing new noindex and force redirect custom addon by TickTackk Admin Stuff 0
annatindal GMB Customer Uploaded Photos Question All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 2
J Unable to change the custom URL link on YouTube for a rebranded business Local Content 2
LocalSEODat Need help with a suspended GMB - Client had home address as place of biz, then suspended. Fixed to meet customers and got reply with no reason Service Area Businesses 6
K Customer wants to add a tracking number across all of his Citations NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
djbaxter Google Allows a Custom List of Services to GMB Listings Service Area Businesses 14
Claire Carlile No 'message you' data showing in Customer actions Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Koray Tuğberk GÜBÜR Custom Map Creation and Their Effects on Ranking Google Local 101 3
M Customer Journey Tools Local SEO Tools & Software 1
L Google now allows Site Owners to Customize the Search Results Snippets, but what can be customized? Google News: Important Changes & Features 1
rickvidallon Adding Custom Services to GMB Service Area Businesses 9
djbaxter Custom BBCode to force nofollow links Local Search Experts Forum 0
Chris Ratchford Anyone familiar w/ Advanced Custom Fields (for WordPress)? Consultant's Corner 6
Monica Simpson FB message for Customer service Citations 5
Ellen Organization Has GMB Listing but Serves No Customers Google My Business & Google Maps 4