More threads by cjlocal

cjlocal

Reaction score
Hello Experts,

I have some issue with my Google listing. My business is not appearing when I type my business name.

Why other's listing (various competitors) are appearing when I type my business name?

My Google listing is completely optimised, also have 105 reviews with 5.0 real ratings, category, photos, google posts etc. all the things are properly optimised then why other's listing is appearing which has no reviews, no website links and other necessary information.

I have mentioned all the search query details in the attached screenshot.

I don't expect these kinds of things from Google Algorithms where original businesses are not getting potential. Is there something that should be improved in Google algorithm or something from my end that should I improve.

Party-Shuttles.png

There's no screenshot. What is your businesses name?

I'm not sure I'm understanding the question. The search examples you've provided don't look like branded searches to me... unless your business name is "Party Shuttles Sydney"?

I'm not sure I'm understanding the question. The search examples you've provided don't look like branded searches to me... unless your business name is "Party Shuttles Sydney"?

Yes Cherie Dickey brand name is "Party Shuttles Sydney"

website.png

If you go into GMB, do you see this, and can you give us a link to the map listing?...
Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 8.19.15 AM.png

The business name is a localized search term. If the business was named Stan's Party Bus, then a KP result would be returned. Since the business name is a localized search term, Google is going to produce map pack results.

I have made some changes in GMB profile like description changes, in detail locations changes, and now it is appearing, but I think this change is for limited days only. after a few days it will disappear on the brand name.

Last edited:
The business name is a localized search term. If the business was named Stan's Party Bus, then a KP result would be returned. Since the business name is a localized search term, Google is going to produce map pack results.

Yes you are right @keyserholiday I know that sometimes Google treats it as localized search term, but it was appearing till now, but suddenly I am getting fluctuation in results on that search term.

If they keep removing the KP, they are probably getting signals based upon the intent of the users searching that query that they are looking for the localized term, and not for your brand.

If they throw the branded KP up to half the users, and they all scroll past it and click a non-branded link, they are getting repeated signals that is not what the user is looking for.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom