More threads by Oliver Keates

It's basically the same as a video verification, minus the upload bugs and AI review, so they will ask to look at specific things etc. Also you don't get the stupid video length issues. You can also have more than one person on the call, so you can be present to help a client, for example.

Because our agency's clients can generally not be trusted with basic video verification, we prefer live video whenever possible.

Will you please share your process for getting the live video option? We've not seen such a thing and have not been successful when asking for it. (We work exclusively with towing companies, so maybe that industry is excluded.)

Will you please share your process for getting the live video option? We've not seen such a thing and have not been successful when asking for it. (We work exclusively with towing companies, so maybe that industry is excluded.)

Honestly I wouldn't really know, 'cause I don't handle that step of the process. The closest I get is sometimes I'm in the room during the call 😅 maybe @JoyHawkins or @whitespark can help?

Has anyone had to verify their GBP via live video?

@Oliver Keates, yep! In our experience, live video verification easier (and faster!) than the recorded video verification process (many variables and technical limits make it difficult for small business owners to do the recorded videos). If you have the live option, definitely go with it!

If you already tried video verification and it's not working, you can request live verification here: https://support.google.com/business/contact/business_owner_conflict

They are not likely going to help you unless you tried the video option first.

Thanks, yes i spoke to a GBP support agent who added live video verification to my GBP as an option.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom