More threads by Marty Twelves

Marty Twelves

Reaction score
This is an open question, since I haven't been able to find anything definitive (or even a correlation). The local SEO consensus is that local links are more effective at driving local rankings than non-local links. Does anybody know if there's been a study done at some point that backs this up? The logic makes sense (given Google's push towards relevant links), but just curious to see if anyone's seen anything in the real world to support it.

This is an open question, since I haven't been able to find anything definitive (or even a correlation). The local SEO consensus is that local links are more effective at driving local rankings than non-local links. Does anybody know if there's been a study done at some point that backs this up? The logic makes sense (given Google's push towards relevant links), but just curious to see if anyone's seen anything in the real world to support it.
There's definitely been many studies but everyone has a different opinion on what works in the real world. I really like this new post by @Brian Barwig which you can read here .

There's different ways to tackle local SEO but it also depends on the industry, how competitive, etc.

One big thing that caught my attention within the article I shared above is if you are let's say a Lawyer located in New Orleans, one valuable way to get links is to reach out to local newspapers, radio stations, colleges, etc. in New Orleans.

This definitely plays a part on local authority as well as how relevant Google sees your business in that area.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom