Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
how-advertisers-can-extend-their-relevance-with-search_research-studies_sm.jpg

Learn to Think Like Google

All the Local Search consultants that have taken my Advanced Google+ Local training have heard me explain that to be successful in this business you need to "Learn to Think Like Google".
And I teach multiple ways to do that.

You need to think like Google to understand how she looks at spam patterns so you can avoid all the things that can trip a filter and to help you understand some of the unwritten rules of this game. And you need to understand how she looks at and interprets data.

Speaking of data and learning to think like Google, the point of this post is really to share an ultimate resource with you.

2014_horiz_ThinkWithGoogle_logo_pos_rgb.png

Think With Google is filled to the brim with insights and stats directly from Google.

Above I linked directly to the articles that deal specifically with Local Search.

I've had several people this week ask be for local search stats, so where better to send them that direct to the source. You'll find some great local search stats as well as compelling evidence about the power of local search you can share with clients there.

Here is an infographic, just one of the resources you'll find inside Think With Google,

Click image for full size infographic

how-advertisers-can-extend-their-relevance-with-search_infographics_sm.jpg

I thought what better way to learn to "think LIKE Google" than to "think WITH Google", right?
So decided to share for anyone who was unaware of this resource.

Have you checked out Think with Google before?
<meta property="og:type" content="article"><meta property="og:title" content=""><meta property="og:description" content="Great Local Search Resource">
<meta property="og:image" content="">

how-advertisers-can-extend-their-relevance-with-search_research-studies_sm.jpg

2014_horiz_ThinkWithGoogle_logo_pos_rgb.png

how-advertisers-can-extend-their-relevance-with-search_infographics_sm.jpg

whitesell

Reaction score
Hey Linda, can you check that bottom infographic link? I'm getting something that isn't an infographic...

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Yes the embed code was borked and would not display. So I just grabbed an image but when you click the image it goes to the PDF infographic.

CodyBaird

Reaction score
Priya makes an excellent point. I have been sharing the think with Google post for a year. They seem to generate more questions and interest than any other type of content I email to my clients. I use tout app to track data. This isn't a hunch.

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
I love this resource Linda - especially all the research that Google does. Great for sharing with doubting clients :)

The latest one ([url]https://www.thinkwithgoogle.com/features/i-want-to-go-micro-moments.html[/url]) is pretty impressive. Slowly working my way through it all and how we can use the insights in real life (i.e small budgets, minimal time, just-make-it-happenitis)

I was just looking for posts to share for today's mobile webinar and scanned this one.
Powerful stuff for our segment on mobile and user behavior!

Thanks for sharing Priya!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
John Ennis Long-term Consulting Opportunity in DC - Local Search Lead Local SEO Job Board 0
Linda Buquet Local Search Consultants - GOALs for 2017? Consultant's Corner 14
Linda Buquet Important for Local Search Consultants - Survey: Fees Charged, Revenue Earned & more Consultant's Corner 3
Linda Buquet Huge List of Mission Critical CRM & Business Tools for Local Search Consultants Local SEO Tools & Software 0
Eric Rohrback Best Verticals to Consult in? Q for Local Search Consultants Consultant's Corner 9
Linda Buquet Local Search Consultants - How Do you Organize Client Project Management? Consultant's Corner 13
Linda Buquet Local Search Webinar for Consultants: Selling to SMBs in 2015 from Street Fight Consultant's Corner 0
Linda Buquet Consultants: Have you Tried PEEK for your Local Search Clients Yet? Consultant's Corner 18
Linda Buquet The Hidden Dangers of Being a Local Search Consultant - IMPORTANT Consultant's Corner 24
G Local Search Consultants: Best to Target Small or Medium Businesses? Consultant's Corner 4
D 5 Step Guide to Multi-location SEO for Local Search Consultants Multi-Location Issues 1
Dustybones 5 Step Guide to Multi-location SEO for Local Search Consultants Multi-Location Issues 1
Linda Buquet Local Search Consultants: Stop Spinning Your Wheels & Get More Customers by Phil Consultant's Corner 7
Linda Buquet Hard Core Local SEO Audit Resources for Local Search Consultants Consultant's Corner 1
Linda Buquet Local SEO Strategy and Checklist for Local Search Consultants Consultant's Corner 0
Linda Buquet Lessons for Local Search Consultants coming out of "Leading In Local" Event Consultant's Corner 4
Linda Buquet How To Build your Local Search Consulting Business - Most Awesome List of Resources Consultant's Corner 5
Linda Buquet How to Avoid & Solve Local SEO Client Conflicts - For Local Search Consultants Consultant's Corner 0
Linda Buquet How to be an Independent Local Search Consultant in an Over-Complicated World Consultant's Corner 0
Linda Buquet Free Local SEO Checklist for Local Search Consultants Local SEO Tools & Software 9
Linda Buquet How to Get New Clients - Local Search Consulting Q & A Consultant's Corner 3
Linda Buquet Pricing Strategies for Local Search Consultants Consultant's Corner 1
Linda Buquet Jumpstart Your Local Search Consulting Business Consultant's Corner 13
Local Search News Curator NEW Local Search Forum Launches ? Tons of Resources for Local SEO Consultants Recycle Bin 0
R NEW Local Search Forum Launches ? Tons of Resources for Local SEO Consultants Recycle Bin 0
djbaxter New Local SEO tool from BrightLocal: Local Search Grid Local SEO Tools & Software 7
N Dedicated local search Local Search 12
djbaxter Webinar The State of Local Search 2021 [Webinar + Q&A] Events 0
SpectateSwamp How about discussing local search... Like the Spectate one; everything a 50+ years of programming Geezer wants Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 3
Eoghan_MFeed Looking for a SaaS but more importantly Local Search experienced product managers 🔍 Local SEO Job Board 0
Brian Barwig How to Win at Local Search with Service Area Businesses Service Area Businesses 3
D Dynamic local city webpage to satisfy [search term] + "near me" queries Service Area Businesses 2
djbaxter A bit of a new look for the Local Search Forum Forum Software Updates and Technical Issues 2
whitespark Whitespark Local Search Summit: September 15 - 17, 2020 Events 3
Gsmithmike The most accurate Tool to show Local Search Result for Geo Targeting keywords? Local SEO Tools & Software 3
A Local Search beginner guide Recycle Bin 0
Creativedge Is the Facebook page name important for local search? Local Search 1
Colan Nielsen Most Active Local Search Forum Members May 2020 LSF News and Announcements 0
djbaxter Webinar Brightlocal Local Search Clinic with Andrew Shotland Events 0
djbaxter Webinar Local Search Clinic with Ben Fisher May 27 @ 8am PT/11am ET Events 3
Colan Nielsen Most Active Local Search Forum Members April 2020 LSF News and Announcements 1
A I want to join local search forum Contact Us Messages 1
djbaxter Webinar Local Search Clinic with Joy Hawkins May 20 @ 8am PT/11am ET Events 2
georgebizpro Local Search Falcon - Competitor Zip Codes Google My Business & Google Maps 1
StephanieNewton Local Search Clinic with Phil Rozek (Online Reviews) Local Reviews 1
L Local search query showing Knowledge Graph instead of Local Listings box Google My Business & Google Maps 3
djbaxter Webinar Local Search Clinic with Jason Brown Events 0
Colan Nielsen Most Active Local Search Forum Members March 2020 LSF News and Announcements 2
djbaxter Webinar Local Search Clinic with Colan Nielsen Events 3
zach.todd Local Search and Blogging Local Search 3