More threads by CaribouFondue

CaribouFondue

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello,

We have been using Local Brand Manager / Local Viking for a while now and are relatively happy with the product. Today we went to add a new GBP to it (a hotel) and the prouduct seems to be completely broken. I guess the SERPs for hotels are a bit different and LBM/LV just does not handle it at all. Does anyone know of another grid ranking tracking tool that handles this better?

Thanks!

Hello,

We have been using Local Brand Manager / Local Viking for a while now and are relatively happy with the product. Today we went to add a new GBP to it (a hotel) and the prouduct seems to be completely broken. I guess the SERPs for hotels are a bit different and LBM/LV just does not handle it at all. Does anyone know of another grid ranking tracking tool that handles this better?

Thanks!

Hey there, have you tried BrightLocal? We haven't experienced any issues with our Local Search Grid for specific business categories or industries, so we're confident it'd be fine for you to use for Hotel tracking.

Hey there, have you tried BrightLocal? We haven't experienced any issues with our Local Search Grid for specific business categories or industries, so we're confident it'd be fine for you to use for Hotel tracking.

Funny you should reply, I got the most useless response from your support team. Also your response is vague. There are a lot of categories on GBP but most of them do not trigger an entirely different SERP like hotels do.

See attached.

Screen Shot 2023-10-04 at 11.42.10 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2023-10-04 at 11.43.01 AM.jpg

Thank you for your response, I'm sorry to hear you didn't get the answer you were looking for through your support ticket.

My colleague is going to email you directly to help you out and answer your questions. You should hear from him as soon as possible.

Thanks again,
Jenny

I'm not sure that a Hotel would get value from a Local Search Grid type of report. These types of reports try to capture what it is like to do a search from standing at a pin. People don't normally search for hotels like that. You generally aren't in the geography that you are looking for a hotel stay. Maybe if you need a hotel near you on a long drive and you're looking to pull over and sleep or something. I have no clue your situation, but thought I'd bring up this point in case it helps. You've probably thought this through but in case you didn't.

I'm not sure that a Hotel would get value from a Local Search Grid type of report. These types of reports try to capture what it is like to do a search from standing at a pin. People don't normally search for hotels like that. You generally aren't in the geography that you are looking for a hotel stay. Maybe if you need a hotel near you on a long drive and you're looking to pull over and sleep or something. I have no clue your situation, but thought I'd bring up this point in case it helps. You've probably thought this through but in case you didn't.

Yes, so there are two cases as you mention both. Customers who need a hotel right now. e.g. they are at an airport and the flight was cancelled and they are stranded, etc. so they are searching for hotels nearby. We are near an airport so this is very relevant.

There is also customers who search in advance for a hotel when planning a trip. for searches like that location intent keywords are used, as shown in my example screenshot two posts above. For this type of search you are correct, grids are not great. It is however still local rankings, and we still need some tools to measure our performance. I would be open to any suggestions for ranking tracking tools that are focused on local, and have hotel pack support.

I should also mention there is a third case, and it is those very naughty people who are looking for a hotel for a private romantic encounter. In this case, they might be planning in advance, but the nearby relevancy is again important. Our hotel happens to be very applicable to this type of scenario due to the very affordable rates compared to other hotels in the area.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom