More threads by nicoco

nicoco

Reaction score
Hi All

I have been contacted by a potential client who wants me to help with his local visibility.
He is running a care home franchise in his local area. The company is nationwide and each franchisee has a dedicated space on the national website. The structure is like this
maincarehomewebsite.co.uk/localfranchisee
Each franchisee has the possibility to customise the content of their own local home page but also has the ability to create additional single pages in a news section (very much like a blog).
Each franchisee has access to their own GMB listing.

Based on the above, can anyone tell me if it is possible to improve their local visibility or is it too restrictive?
If yes what would be the best approach

Many thanks

Hi there,

Yes this is possible, my team works with franchisee and authorized dealer networks.

You can impact performance, however, the key is to be sure to have a clear understanding of the Corporate branding and marketing guidelines so that the franchisee does not have internal trouble. This is especially true if you plan on using Posts, Q&A, etc. in GMB as well as on the landing pages and articles.

After that, you can manage this like you would another GMB profile if you have managerial or ownership access to GMB. If the Franchisee only has site manger access you will be limited on what parts you can change.

If you have other questions feel free to let me know!

Thanks a
Hi there,

Yes this is possible, my team works with franchisee and authorized dealer networks.

You can impact performance, however, the key is to be sure to have a clear understanding of the Corporate branding and marketing guidelines so that the franchisee does not have internal trouble. This is especially true if you plan on using Posts, Q&A, etc. in GMB as well as on the landing pages and articles.

After that, you can manage this like you would another GMB profile if you have managerial or ownership access to GMB. If the Franchisee only has site manger access you will be limited on what parts you can change.

If you have other questions feel free to let me know!
Thanks a lot Michael.
How about the creation of content pages on his dedicated area which is part of the main site. Would you recommend building content like on any normal website? would it rank? Do you know if Google would treat it differently?

Yes, the more locally relevant content the better. How well it will rank will depend on a number of factors from the TLD. So the more authority the top level domain has will support traditional local organic local rankings.

I'd recommend starting with a backlink analysis of the TLD to identify where the link strength is coming from and what if any associated anchor text is used and how often. Then you can target you content for the landing page around the strengths of the main website.

I also recommend really digging into hyper local keyword research in what ever tool you use and focus on the keywords that users are searching for in their specific nearby areas. So for example if you use Keyword Planner adjust the settings to the city, zip code, metro area, etc. based on your geographic targets as needed so you can finely target the terms hyper local people are searching for to drive more conversions.

Happy to answer other questions if you have them, just let me know!

Yes, the more locally relevant content the better. How well it will rank will depend on a number of factors from the TLD. So the more authority the top level domain has will support traditional local organic local rankings.

I'd recommend starting with a backlink analysis of the TLD to identify where the link strength is coming from and what if any associated anchor text is used and how often. Then you can target you content for the landing page around the strengths of the main website.

I also recommend really digging into hyper local keyword research in what ever tool you use and focus on the keywords that users are searching for in their specific nearby areas. So for example if you use Keyword Planner adjust the settings to the city, zip code, metro area, etc. based on your geographic targets as needed so you can finely target the terms hyper local people are searching for to drive more conversions.

Happy to answer other questions if you have them, just let me know!
Awesome! thanks Michael
This is probably a big ask but do you have any example you can share?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom