More threads by LaurenHartman

Reaction score
I'm a long time lurker, but I finally got around to creating an account and actually posting something. :)

I posted this in the Google My Business forum, but I'm hoping to get some opinions on here as well, especially since it's more of a general citation issue, not just a Google thing.

So, I am trying to create/fix/clean up the profiles for a home builder in Florida who has a main office as well as satellite offices in several of the communities throughout Florida that they build homes in.

There are several different addresses for the communities. Half the communities have their own phone number, but the other half use the same phone number as the main office. Two of the communities share the same office address.

What's the best way to go about setting up their local presence? I know that having distinct phone numbers is usually important in being able to create listings that Google considers "distinct." Some of these listings already appear in Google Maps, but the main office address does not, nor do many of the communities.

The addresses & phone numbers for the main office & all of their community sattellite offices are below.

Business Name: A & M Homes

Addresses:

Main office:

7320 Narcoossee Rd
Orlando, FL 32822
(407) 656-2988 - This phone also used for Terra Vista, Davis Estates, Oak Ridge Place, and Steven's Plantation communities

Communities

Avalon Park
12641 Tanja King Blvd
Orlando, FL 32828
(407) 382-8088

Davis Estates
2381 Seven Oaks Dr
St. Cloud, FL 34772
(same number as main office)

Emerald Pond
33947 Emerald Pond Loop
Leesburg, FL 34749
(352) 253-0410

Heritage Place
502 Elkhorn Fern Ln
Deland, FL 32720
(386) 822-4446

The Lakes
101 Mackay Blvd
Lake Alfred, FL 33850
(863) 956-1978

Oak Ridge Place
(same address as Davis Estates)
(same phone number as main office)

Steven's Plantation
3590 Buckingham Way
St. Cloud, FL 34772

Terra Vista
4879 Grande Vista Lane
St. Cloud, FL 34771

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Last edited:
Hi Lauren and welcome. Glad you came out of lurker mode. You'll get more out of the forum now I think. :)

Thanks for sharing all the right details! Just a couple Qs.

Is the main office staffed for walk-in traffic full-time during business hours?

Do each of the properties have a sales office on-site that is staffed during business hours?

The ones that use the main office phone, is that because they don't have a manned on-site office?

Davis and Oak may not fly if same address and phone.

Let me know about the questions above and then I can try to figure out from there.

Thanks so much for the reply! I'm trying to find out. They didn't give us a lot of information up front, so I'll come back when I find out more. I have a sneaking suspicion that some of those addresses are just the address of the model home for the community.

FYI if they don't have staff during stated business hours there on premises at an office or at the model home, they technically can't have a listing.

From the Google My Business guidelines:

Ineligible Business Models

Rental or for-sale properties, such as vacation homes or vacant apartments, are not eligible to be listed on Google Maps and should not be verified. Instead, verify the business information for your sales or leasing office or offices. If you have a property with an on-site office, you may verify that office location.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom