More threads by Mike Pedersen

Reaction score
I was reviewing a clients local.yahoo.com and then they showed a list of directories we weren't listed in. I clicked the Fix button and it took me to an order page for LocalWorks and $89 for 3 months.

Is this worth it?

Mike

It's just white-labeled Yext. It's a good deal if you're considering Yext anyway.

Wouldn't sign up for it just to update Yahoo Local, though. (It is a shell of a search engine, and not worth messing with, IMHO.)

Like Phil said above. If you're considering Yext, they're cheaper. But, otherwise, they have the same plusses and flaws.

What are you trying to achieve? Get listed on multiple directories or simply update your Yahoo Local listing?

You can claim or update Yahoo for free. As as far as Yext goes, you can get an agency account on a monthly basis instead of getting the white label version from Yahoo.

@Jacob

How recently have you succeeded in updating a Yahoo listing? Their free self-serve features are pretty broken.

You will struggle to get your Yahoo Local profile updated regardless of what they do (Yahoo appears to have punted on updates to Local), and it's totally not worth it to pay for LocalWorks. As @Phil mentioned, it's a white labeled Yext.

Are you looking to just get listed on Yahoo Local, or do you have a list of Citation sources you're looking to get added to?

Nothing that I submitted in the past few weeks have yet to be published.

I am leaning towards opening a Yext account for certain clients.

Yext helps with data consistency and gets you there pretty quickly.

@Jacob

How recently have you succeeded in updating a Yahoo listing? Their free self-serve features are pretty broken.

What do you mean by 2-3 months? I'm assuming the top line directories (InfoGroup, Acxiom, Localeze, Factual) are updated much faster than 2-3 months. Do you mean the secondary directories that are fed from these 4?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom