More threads by raylaminac

Reaction score
Hello,
In the past we have easily been able to review the rankings of our clients by either using a longtail search phrase or by setting our search engine's location to our customer's main area. We had success with both options pulling up the same SERPs that our customer would see at their location.

This is no longer the case. Does anyone have any insight to why the results are no longer cohesive?

Example -
If I search:
Local Search Forum Timbuktu AZ

The same results used be the same as if I went in my settings on Google and manually made my location Timbuktu AZ and searched "Local Search Forum"

That's always been the case, to one degree or another. I've noticed it partly depends on the search term and the local market. In less-competitive markets, where there are fewer businesses duking it out, generally "search term" and search term + city return the same results.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom