More threads by Ellen

Ellen

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm looking for some live examples of photos of locations/businesses on a website that are implemented using the Places API.
https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api

Thanks! 🙏
Ellen

I'm not sure I'm following?
Hi Joy,

Thanks. Might be helpful if I posted the correct resource link 🤦‍♀️
Place Photos | Places API | Google Developers

Say I have a single website for all the law office locations for a firm, and each location has a local landing page that used the Google Places API to pull in a photo of the location.

I'm mainly looking to see how webmasters are handling this requirement:
1611707017999.png

And if the html_attributions can be put in a caption viewable upon clicking the photo.

I don't know of a personal/business website but Google's Dev pages provide examples of images (and 360 images) embedded via API: Street View for Web Platforms | Google Developers

As far as 360 images/virtual tours go, most photographers that take those images ignore Google Maps/Street View as they are not into SEO and don't see a point in it.
I put all 360 images on Street View, but embeding the entire tour is a pain in the butt and the tour never works, so we use 3rd party hosting for the tour (such as S3) and that makes it much easier for webmasters to embed and single photo or an entire tour with hotspots.

There are some far better ways to host Google Street View virtual tours whereby the images are still natively attached to the GMB page and then adding some coding on an overlay for the website. This is what I do for the majority of my clients.

If you want to know more about how I do this, feel free to ping me. Happy to provide pointers.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom