More threads by amarildo1997

amarildo1997

Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2026
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi everyone,

I'm managing a roofing Local Services Ads account and we're investigating a significant and persistent drop in visibility.

Around Sep 19–20, impressions dropped roughly 50% and Absolute Top % also fell significantly. The decline has persisted.

The timing is interesting:

• Google confirmed a business name change on Sep 17
• The LSA visibility drop began around Sep 19–20
• The linked Google Business Profile remained verified, and its organic visibility did not experience the same drop
• All licenses and verification currently show passed
• Budget does not appear to be limiting delivery
• Increasing the roofing bid from $225 to $500 did not restore volume
• CPL did not materially increase
• Genuine customer responsiveness did not deteriorate

This makes me wonder whether the LSA profile could have entered an internal re-review, re-verification, or limited eligibility state following the business name change, even though the account continued to show as eligible/live.

Google LSA Support is currently checking this internally.

Has anyone seen a business name/profile change trigger this type of LSA visibility or ranking drop while the account still appeared fully eligible?

Is there any specific internal LSA status or review state you would recommend asking Support to check?

@Chris Barnard — I'd especially appreciate your thoughts if you've encountered something similar.
 
I've seen a few changes following the recent rollout of that GBP/LSA data synch update, but not a drop in volume that can be directly attributed to that update. Mostly because we've reduced budgets around the same time in those accounts where we've noticed the LSA account name change. But that doesn't mean it's not happening.

I have also noticed increased volatility across all accounts over the past month.

I wouldn't ask support for anything different than what you already have, just to confirm everything is working/no policy restrictions after the name change.

I have been recommending clients get DBAs if there is a name mismatch. Also, since manual bidding will be going away after the platform migration, you could switch to automated bidding now, but I guess that's more of a personal preference.

Was your LSA business name keyword stuffed (for lack of a better term) before the update, and now not after the update?
 
Thanks @Chris Barnard , that's very helpful.

No, the name wasn't de-keyworded. The change was:

Before: “Bluesky roofing and siding sloutions llc”
After: “BlueSky Roofing & Siding Solutions LLC”

So “roofing” and “siding” remained in the name. It was essentially correcting the typo in “solutions” and capitalization to match the official business documentation/GBP.

The GBP change was made first, then LSA Support manually synced the LSA business name and confirmed it completed on Sep 17. The significant LSA visibility decline followed around Sep 19–20.

Your comment about the recent GBP/LSA data sync rollout is interesting. Do you know roughly when you started seeing those name-sync changes across your accounts?

Also, have you seen accounts experience a temporary ranking/serving recalculation after the sync even though they remained Verified/Eligible?

I'm hesitant to switch bidding while Support is investigating because I don't want to introduce another variable, but I agree we'll eventually need to account for manual bidding going away with the migration.
 
Yeah, that's true - no reason to confuse support or introduce another variable. You're right.

Do you know roughly when you started seeing those name-sync changes across your accounts?
I started seeing it the last week of Sept, on the 23rd was when I first noticed.

Also, have you seen accounts experience a temporary ranking/serving recalculation after the sync even though they remained Verified/Eligible?
I have not seen this, doesn't mean it's not occurring just that I haven't seen or noticed.
 

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

LocalU

Our Brands

Back
Top Bottom